Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SD micro chip cruption

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by taymon, Aug 18, 2008.

1. taymon

taymon New Member

Hello. i own a 6263 Nokia from T-mobile and a 2gb A-data SD micro chip

all start from the beginning, 6 months ago i was copying images from and putting songs onto the chip Via USB cable slot on the top of the phone.

after i copied all of the images and placed 3 songs onto the SD chip i unplugged my phone and wanted to place a recent photo as my wallpaper but to my horror 70% of all the files got corrupted with funky names like this " fa27de5e7fc4.jpg " and this " ymqG┼2r.k╥W "

i plugged in the phone again and it showed it really was corrupted...
    (BTW i am using Windows Vista home Premium)

after i talked to a friend i cant remember what exactly i did but i plugged the chip in directly to my computer and few moments latter a window popped up and said that the chip was not formatted and if i would like to reformat it (it also gave me an option of trying to save the files and information stored on it)

IT WORKED!! all the files were back, in place, and working fine!!!

This time i simply have a handful of corrupted files, 15 or so. I have tried plugging in my phone with the USB slot located on the phone and i have put the SD micro into a SD adapter chip (my computer has a built in chip slot as well)

only it seems the wonderful window that popped up and helped me before won't reappear for me... i did have Other types of adapters that might of caused the fix the first time around...

i had 2 other adapters for the SD micro that i had at the time but cant seem to remember if i used them or not.... One was a very very small chip adapter only slightly bigger that the SD micro its self... it was made to fit into the USB slot and connect through that. While the Other was much bigger. it was a USB flash card SD chip adapter, images a flash card where the back comes off and you can slide a SD chip in.

maybe it was one of these that helped me but I'm very unsure (i cannot find either one in stores or online)

if anyone has any ideas how i can fix his and Not lose any files please reply or PM me.

(the files cannot be Moved, deleted, renamed or copied) :( *sigh*

#1 taymon, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  2. taymon

taymon New Member

if anyone has any ideas how i can fix his and Not lose any files please Reply, PM me

#2 taymon, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2008
  3. taymon

taymon New Member

Thank you Amy for emailing me, you really helped me out ^_^

if ANYONE has a simmular problem PM me i supose and ill forward her instructions to you ASAP

#3 taymon, Aug 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2008
  4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    If possible please post the solution received here in this thread so it is archived for future reference.

Thank You,
    Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. skystartrade.com

TF card has the same problem