Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Screensavers for a900

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by mmafan, May 21, 2006.

1. mmafan

mmafan New Member

I have an a900, and was wondering if I can download pics from my pc to my phone? and if so can I use the pic as a screensaver?

2. sprintcustomercare

sprintcustomercare New Member

Yes you can! Send the picture from your pc to your phone, just like an email send the pic file to your sprint phone number. Then after downloading the picture you then click on the picture , options and assign picture to a screen saver or caller id. It's pretty easy after you get the hang of it.

3. mmafan

mmafan New Member

AAHHHH OK got it, Thanks

4. tacomalo

tacomalo New Member

How do you send a file to your phone? I connected my phone to my PC using the USB cable, but the images i copied over my phone don't show up in my photo albums.

5. sprintcustomercare

sprintcustomercare New Member

Well first Why are you using a USB cable, so you wont have to pay for the vision (web) plan? Ummm sprint doesnt support USB cables, sprint wants you to pay for the vision services. I can only tell you how to do it the correct way.

Do you have a vision picture plan if you do, there is plenty of us to tell you how to setup your picture mail account and start sending and recieving.

If you have a vision picture package here are your steps.
    1. snap a picture of anything (not one you have saved).
    2. click options (which should appear).
    3. click upload
    4. message will appear "creating picture mail account"
    5. enter picture mail passcode, you dont have one yet, but the message doesnt tell you that.. so create a picture mail passcode, and dont forget it.
    6. you picture has been sent to your online album.
    7. Now send the pictures you have saved on your home PC to your phone (your user name), example sprintcustomer123@sprint.com.

I'm sure one of these guys will know how to use a USB cable, I'm sorry I couldnt be more of help.

6. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT - (WORK PHONE)/ CINGULAR
    You can use the USB cable that comes in the box when you purchaced your phone. However, you need to have the right software to support the phone. Here is a site where you can download a media data manager for free... http://www.mobileaction.com

However, do keep in mind that the size of the pic will be restricted on your phone.:eek:

7. tacomalo

tacomalo New Member

i created an image at 240x320 and downloaded it to my phone, the image is in JPG format. however, my phone is not displaying the image at the full resolution, the image is appearing very blocky. i took a photo at 240x320 and assigned it as my background and it appears at the full resolution.

the only thing i can think of is the phone doesn't like the compression of the JPEG.

8. zaynab

zaynab New Member

Well when I got my Samsung from Sprint the usb cables were included. It seems to me that Sprint would not send those cables if they wanted people to only use the vision service.

9. tacomalo

tacomalo New Member

i'm having problems with background images saved in the GIF format.
    my phone won't let me choose foreground clock, calender, etc. while a GIF is used as a background image, gives me an error message about animated backgrounds even though my GIF is just a static image.

I had trouble with JPEGs made in photoshop, my phone was displaying it at a much lower resolution.

my phone is a samsung a900.

10. omgwtf

omgwtf New Member

i have the same problem. is there anyway to have clear better quality screensavers? i want my own pictures to have the quality of the default screensavers? does anyone know how to do that?

thanks

11. gmhdesign

gmhdesign New Member

OK here goes...

Sprint doesn't want you to be able to make your own screen savers because they want you to buy them and down load them at retarded prices!

You CAN make them and you CAN use your USB cable to get them to your phone. You just have to save them properly.

I use Photoshop to make a 240x320 jpeg at 72dpi. You can place any image into the frame. Flatten the layers. Now go to the file menu and you will see a "Save For Web". When you click on "save for web" it will open your image up in what looks like a new window. Look to the top right hand corner of this window to find the “save” button and save it somewhere on your computer.

Do this to as many images as you want.

Now comes the tricky part. And I don’t know why this works but it does.

If you just move the images to the “my album” folder on your phone (under the DCIM folder) they will not look right. Once you move them to you’re “My Album” folder on your phone, you need to right click on each of your homemade images and look at the properties. UN-CHECK the “Archive” box. Now when you select them from your album to set as the screen saver they should show up clear.

I have also made a few animated gifs in Adobe Image Ready but I can’t figure out how to get them to work as a screen saver. I have transferred them to my phone and I can view them as files in my file manager, but I can’t set them as my screen saver.

It’s my phone… I paid good money for it… if I can make the images I should be able to use them without having to upload them to sprints website and paying for the air time to do so.
    :loony:

Click the image on the right to see the animation.

Attached Files:

12. syncmaster

syncmaster New Member

My Phone:
    Nextel/BlackBerry 7100i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint PCS
    Thanks for the help! I made a screen saver for my A900 a few days ago and it looked like crap when I transferred it, but now they look amazing!

Thanks again! :D

-Charlie

13. hectordg0

hectordg0 New Member

I Can Install The MA-8212P Thats The Cable Right Because The Cable is Connected And nothing happenes Can Anyone help Please:)

14. rhaltech

rhaltech New Member

Boy...Boy... I just had the same headache. Well, you have to put into the folder DCMEDIA, this is the folder that store the pictures you take with the camera, and then, go to MY ALBUM and finally you can put it as screensaver, but, you need to see the size of the picture because some pictures can be very big that just don't get fit into the screen... Good luck.

r H a L Tech

15. gubak

gubak Junior Member

Nice link! I like this!

16. OhNoMongo

OhNoMongo New Member

I downloaded the software for the media organizer but I am having trouble. It says it needs me to buy their cables. I don't want to because Sprint included them. Am I missing a step?