Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Sciphone i68+

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by Sunshine654, May 28, 2009.

1. Sunshine654

Sunshine654 New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6500 Classic
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Okay, I recently bought an unlocked iphone clone, the Sciphone i68+ quad band. Please if anyone has information on this phone that will help me, I would so appreciate it. I can still send it back to the seller but I really want to keep the phone.
    On with the problem. I cannot get the settings right to register with the AT&T network. It is set on automatic for the band so it should be able to run on 3G. Network selection is on automatic. I have a friend with the same phone and the same network so I know it is possible. I have checked to be sure the IMEI numbers are correct, and they are.
    :confused::confused:This is a chinese phone and the settings were done in China so I cannot get help from the seller as they speak little english. Something is just not right but I cannot figure out what that is! It has dual sim slots and I have tried both. PLEASE if anyone has any ideas I really need help!!

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Sciphones are not American 3G compatible with either AT&T or T-Mobile. Just because it's quad-band doesn't mean automatic 3G. The phone is basic GSM 2G.

The phone you have could be a Chinese knock-off. Buying any phone from China is risky for this very reason. The phones may be cheap in price but also cheap in quality and you don't know for sure whether you're getting a legitimate device or a counterfeit.

Your friend with the same phone isn't getting 3G either as there are NO 3G frequencies built into this phone for ANY GSM carrier around the world.

If you've gotten AT&T's signal before, but not with this phone, this is an indication the phone is the problem.

Also, for just regular phone use, you've got it set up the way it should be. If you're wanting to use the data options on the phone, that setup is a whole other animal, with NO guarantee it will function properly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sunshine654

Sunshine654 New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 6500 Classic
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I understand that the phone is not 3G compatible. But that means I will not have the 3G speed for browsing, right? But I am just trying to understand why the same phone is working for some people using the 3G sim and not for others. Not only is this something that me and my friend have seen, but if you google Sciphone i68+, it seems that everyone else is having the same experiences with this phone. It either reads the sim right out of the box or won't. Some people say you cannot use the 3G sim cards, others say that is not so. They are using it themselves. I personally cannot make or receive calls because it will not read my sim or register with my network. It will show full signal strength so I know it's not an antenna issue.

I know its not neccessarily a WISE decision to buy a chinese "iclone" but I did as a toy, not as my primary phone. Now I'm just more curious than anything. It's like a puzzle. I have read all the things people are trying, sometimes it works and sometimes not. It just has to be something simple that is being overlooked by myself and others having the same problems. Maybe something in the engineering mode not quite right when the seller unlocked the phones.

Either way, I am still searching!!! I can't walk away from a good challenge!!:D Thanks for your reply!!