Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Scared to "re-root"

Discussion in 'HTC Phones' started by kjo, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    So I have the MyTouch. It is rooted with 2.1. I bought it rooted with beta version of 2.2 but something went wrong and all it did was boot up over. And over and over and then shut down. The gentlemen I bought it from was kind enough to help me roll it back to a stable version of software and I've had no major issues. So it's my understanding that the final version of 2.2 has been released. From cynogen site. I have the file and know how to do it ( I think). But I'm paranoid something will go haywire. Is it truly worth upgrading?? I know the google navigate with the gps and stuff is cool ( my neighbor has Droid which just did the otw update with verizon) but I still question if this would work on mine without actually having data plan which I don't. I also came across this site that talks about an overlay over the existing program but it talks about the nexus alone and I wasn't sure as the one I have is for the magic specifically

Oh how I wish budney lived closer. Lol. If I'm going to fry my phone I would rather have a partner in crime LOL
    Root Android 2.2 on Nexus One [Froyo] | Redmond Pie

Anyway any positive feedback about rooting and upgrading definitely appreciated. I gotta find out what the big differences are between these.
    Thanks all!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    79 views and no one had an opinion??? :(

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bulldog575

Bulldog575 New Member

what does it mean to re-root? I see this all the time but have never asked what it means

4. isler45

isler45 New Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Do you really mean re-root or do you just want to flash a newer rom?

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Rooting (Android OS) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In kjo's case, it sounds like flashing to a newer ROM on an already rooted phone that's had some issues with a previous rooted ROM.

Just a guess, though...

6. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeah... I meant reflashing. I didn't do. Left it alone. Got another issue thought...ugh