Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

San Diego Coverage

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 27, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm deciding between cell plans with AT&T, T-Mobile, & Verizon. Which has the best coverage in San Diego? (I'll be living in the Point Loma area beginning in about a month, although I will also be traveling throughout SoCal a lot). Thanks for your advice! [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I would go with AT&T... Get an Siemens S46 which is a GAIT Phone (TDMA/GSM). AT&T has the best coverage inCA By Far

3. souladdikt

souladdikt New Member

my friends who have verizon service in southern cali (from sd up to la) are all very pleased with their service.

4. Kenny

Kenny Senior Member

I have used AT&T in San Diego (including the downtown/gas lamp area and Mission Valley Beachfront) and was very pleased with service.

Also, people with Verizon service there told me that they were also very pleased with their service -- most notably I was speaking with the GM of a major hotel there last year.

DAMN!!!! Congrats on moving to that the SD area! Nice place to live! Boy they have a very nice and lively downtown and lots of construction going on including many new condominiums/lofts. Someone told me that part of it was because the Superbowl was coming next season. Man I should really invest in a condo in the Gas Lamp and rent it out....

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks so much for all your help, on coverage and even phone choice. [​IMG] I really do appreciate it. [​IMG]

So it sounds like either Verizon or AT&T would have me pretty much covered...does anyone know about T-Mobile? Has anyone used it at all? (It has the best plan, but I'm concerned about coverage).

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i have also heard that at&t or verizon is the best in the so cal / sd area. t-mobile has cool phones but i can't see how they could be any good since they share sites with cingular and cingular sucks. also, im starting to lose faith in gsm. I think cdma technology is better. im really curious to how the gsm service is in europe and japan because my experience with it is not that great yet cdma seems to be very consistent.

7. Gman

Gman Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Keep in mind that so far no one has spoken of first hand experience in the Point Loma area. It is very hilly and known for coverage gaps for most carriers. I use Sprint in the SD area but not much in the residential areas of Point Loma. In the Sports Arena/Rosecrans area it works fine. The rest of SD in my experience has been great.

I say use the trial period that the carriers offer to evaluate your choices and see what works for you where you want to use it.

G.

8. souladdikt

souladdikt New Member

that's a good point. i have had sprint for about 4 years in the sd area and have been happy. the only place where service has been horrible for me was in the La Jolla area. it's also a bit spotty in south san diego. but where i live it's been great.