Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

San Bernardino, California Customers Enjoy Expanded Wireless Coverage

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Ellen, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Ellen

Ellen Guest

IRVINE, CA — Wireless users in San Bernardino are now experiencing increased along Highway 66 from Helendale to Silver Lakes and along Highway 15 near the Wildwash exit, thanks to a new Verizon Wireless cell site.

“Our expansion is tied to our commitment to provide the best possible wireless experience for customers. It’s just another way of ensuring that Verizon Wireless continues to be the leader in customer loyalty,*” said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.

In an industry first, Verizon Wireless puts customers in the driver’s seat to take the nation’s most reliable wireless network for a spin. The company is the only major carrier with a 30-day network Test Drive pledge that pays for calls if a customer isn’t satisfied and switches to another carrier.

Verizon Wireless builds its network is for reliability during emergencies. For example, less than one percent of the company’s cell sites were out of service even at the height of last year’s record wildfires in Southern California, thanks to the company's high standard of redundancy, which includes back up battery power at every site, generators at switching facilities and many cell sites, and a fleet of mobile generators and cells on wheels.

The company has invested more than $44 billion in its wireless network since the company was formed in 2000. Of that amount, more than $4.6 billion has been invested in California, helping Verizon Wireless stay ahead of the growing demand for its services, like the new nationwide Unlimited Anytime Minute calling plans, adding new capabilities like V CAST Mobile TV and improving and maintaining the network year-round in preparation for wildfires and other natural disasters.

Link: San Bernardino, California Customers Enjoy Expanded Wireless Coverage

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Kind of odd how Verizon will release a press release just for one single cell site out in an unpopulated desert area but anyway good to know.

3. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Larry, I admit that being from PA., I don't know a lot about CA. However, as of the 2000 census, there were 185,401 people, 56,330 households, and 41,120 families residing in that city.
    It seems to me that an area with this many people, would warrant having a cell site in the area. Wouldn't you agree? Especially if it was an area where people didn't normally receive good coverage from their carrier.

4. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    You are confusing San Bernardino city with San Bernardino County. This particular location is out in the desert, many miles away from the city itself.

5. Ellen

Ellen Guest

LOL, I told you that I didn't know a lot about CA. :O Why would Verizon say that customers were benefiting from this new cell site, if they really weren't? :confused: Do you know how far a signal can travel from a cell site? Maybe this would explain it........I know the nearest Verizon tower is a few miles from my house, but yet I can still pick up a good signal from it.

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Oh there are certainly customers out there that can benefit from that tower. But I just thought it was odd that they would do a press release for a single cell site they added.

7. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Yes, literally at the summit of the Cajon Pass, though part of the city of San Bernardino, it is not in a heavily populated area. I know this area well, having lived in the Redlands area of the Inland Empire.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I think the important thing to remember is that this can benefit more people than those just on Verizon.

9. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    crackberry's
    im sure AT&T and TMOB added to the same tower, probably even sprint as well.. but just dont do as many press releases.