Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung Unveils Its First Windows Powered Pocket PC Device, the i700

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by amphibian, Jan 6, 2003.

1. amphibian

amphibian Senior Member

Samsung Unveils Its First Windows Powered Pocket PC Device, the i700

Integrated Digital Camera, Large Vivid Color Screen and Sleek Design Are Distinctive Features on Samsung's Initial Pocket PC Offering

LAS VEGAS, Jan. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Samsung, the world's third largest manufacturer of wireless handsets, today officially announced the development of the i700, a Pocket PC and wireless phone combination device with an array of features that will give consumers the freedom to wirelessly communicate and
    stay connected to people, information and rich applications and services. Featuring Microsoft's Windows Powered Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition software, the i700 is the ideal device for users who need to keep in touch via wireless calls and email, but who also need to access and share data and documents that are on their desktop PCs. Samsung will feature the i700 in its demonstrations
    at the Consumer Electronics Show (booth #35121) held in Las Vegas this week.
    "Samsung is pleased to unveil its i700 because this device combines the advanced capabilities of Samsung's wireless phones with the familiarity of Microsoft Office products to bring consumers a mobile communication tool that not only can keep business moving and enhance productivity, but can keep up
    with any busy lifestyle," said Peter Skarzynski, senior vice president of Samsung's wireless terminals division. "This is the first of several products Samsung will announce in collaboration with Microsoft, and we plan to continue to work together to push the envelope and develop high-performance products
    that exceed the expectations of our consumers."
    General consumers will enjoy the i700's large color TFT screen to view VGA quality images taken with the i700's built-in digital camera. The functionality is endless for both business and personal applications with the i700's ability to capture an image, attach voice memos or text messages, and send images via email or infrared capabilities. The product's impressive screen also is perfect for viewing the photo album and documents, browsing the
    Internet, checking email or playing video files with the Windows Media Player.
    Business users can take advantage of the advanced features of a Samsung wireless phone, while also having access to popular and familiar mobile versions of Microsoft's Pocket Outlook, Pocket Internet Explorer, Pocket Word and Pocket Excel. The i700's speakerphone capability will allow users to conduct hands-free conference calls while simultaneously accessing files and
    information from the Pocket PC applications.
    "We are very excited about the innovative work Samsung has demonstrated on the i700 Pocket PC," said Juha Christensen, corporate vice president for the Mobile Devices Division at Microsoft Corp. "Samsung is succeeding in delivering a mobile device for both work and play adding an integrated camera
    and multimedia messaging capabilities to our very rich Pocket PC offering. We look forward to the new features the i700 will offer customers as a result of the combination of powerful and flexible Windows software on sleek Samsung devices."
    The commitment to develop convergence products for both Microsoft Windows Powered Smartphone and Pocket PC platforms is part of Samsung's overall Mobile Intelligent Terminals(TM) (MIT) corporate strategy to provide a portfolio of
    products that appeal to diverse customer requirements and platform preferences. Samsung will work in tandem with its strategic wireless carrier partners to develop differentiated MIT(TM) products and services targeted to consumer and enterprise customers.

<snip>

SOURCE Samsung
    Web Site: http://www.cesweb.org
    http://www.samsungusa.com/wireless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issuers of news releases and not PR Newswire are solely responsible for the accuracy of the content.

More news from PR Newswire...

Copyright © 1996-2002 PR Newswire Association LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    A United Business Media company.