Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung SCH-A890 vs. LG VX8000 vs. LG VX7000

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Dan6971, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Dan6971

Dan6971 New Member

If I don't really care about streaming news feeds (VCAST) and paying that extra $15/month, does it pay to get the Samsung SCH-A890 or the LG VX8000? Do either of them have Bluetooth?

Do either of those two phones have a better screen or better ringtone capabilities than the LG VX7000?

What phone would be best for me, starting on March 15th, 2005 - when I switch???

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Dan

2. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    None of these phones have BT. The LG VX8000 and Samsung A890 will be geared towards VZW 1xEV-DO network so if you don't plan on surfing on the net, these features will be of no use to you.

Other than that the VX8000 and A890 have a 1 MP camera. The VX8000 also sports a speakerphone and MP3 player.

I'd suggest checking out all three in March and deciding if the additional features are to your liking. Besides, the VX7000 will probably be dirt cheap by then.

3. Dan6971

Dan6971 New Member

Well, I am not going to use the internet on the phone, so I guess that rules both of those phones out...

How much better are the cameras on those phones as opposed to the LG VX7000?

The LG VX7000 just went up in price to $129, from $99, when the new plans came out. :mad: It had better come back down before March 15th... :confused:

How can I take pictures with the LG VX7000 and send it to my computer, without paying that :censored:ing Verizon 25 cents for each photo e-mailed. If they came out with Bluetooth, I'd pay for that, but since it's not offered, don't penalize me!!!

4. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    im going on feb 1st and getting the vx8000, the samsung is nice and probably has a nicer screen but no speakerphone...and i just dont like audiovox in general

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dan6971

Dan6971 New Member

Can you compare the VX8000 screen and the VX7000 screen for me?

Amazon has the VX7000 for free, maybe the VX8000 will be mad cheaper through Amazon...?

6. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The screens on both the 7000 and 8000 look almost identical to me, 262K colors. Difference in size is a matter of mm's.

Chances are places like amazon and buy.com will offer a good price once the phone has been out for a bit.

7. Dan6971

Dan6971 New Member

Both screens are good? Same pixels and resolution?

Is it easy to port my number on Amazon.com? If my plan with AT&Trash is up on March 14th, when can I place my order with Amazon and how soon before I get it at my door? Then, what do I do after it arrives to activate one and cancel the other?

8. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    ive got a headache, :) j/k let me recorret myself....IF the samsung has a speakerphone i most likely will get the samsung because i have always loved their great screens. if there is no speakerphone as phonescoop says then vx8000 here i come. im sure the screens on the 7000 and 8000 and pretty close if not identical, they both are 262k TFT screens. however for some reason they just arent as clear and crisp as samsungs

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Trendsetter

Trendsetter New Member

Has anyone actually seen Vcast demos or videos on the Samsung SCH-A890?

What's the quality like?

10. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I checked out VCast over the weekend. The quality is not bad, text and images are discernable and the latency is also good. I noticed a spike here and there but it is definitely watchable.

You should check out a VZW store when you have a chance.

11. thesupe87

thesupe87 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG vx8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The v710 is out of the question, seeing I've heard many bad things (supposedly which have now been fixed) but I still don't want to go with it, seeing I've had such a dandy ole time with my retarded t720 for 2 yrs...SOOO ;)

I'm stuck on these 3 choices, seeing my 2yr contract is ending in a few months. There's a 70 dollar mail in rebate right now, as well as my $100 credit. Should I go with:

LG VX7000 - free
    LG VX8000 - $100
    Kyocera Twist KX2 - $50

Now, the 7000 is free with my New Every 2..I'm seriously contemplating it, even though this phone is over like 6 months old already, and doesn't have speakerphone or video (both not really needed features)

Does anyone know if the lg vx7000 supports mp3 ringers and alos how many megapixel is the camera? the rotating feature sure is nicer than on the 8000. Plus, I'll have to pay 100 bucks to get the 8000. Is it worth the freakin 100 bucks? I'm feeling cheap, these phones are money pits. I pay enough money every month on my bill to have to go and spend more on a new phone, which I need, cuz my old motorola t720 is crapping out.

I'm also considering the Kyocera Kx2, it has speakerphone, camera, 1.2 mpxl, video, and has that cool twist open...I'm wondering how comfortable it is using it, and whether or not it gets annoying to keep on twisting it instead of just flipping it open. I am used to a flip. also, is this thing going to break? I can get this phone for 50 bucks. I think that it'd be cheaper for a data cable for the LG's (around 10-15 bucks on ebay) and easy to mod them using bitpim. Being able to mod phones for free is another one of my main priorities.

What do you guys think? ORRR should I wait the remaining few months to see if anything even NEWER is going to come out???