Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung M500, M510, M610

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by RJB, Jun 18, 2007.

1. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Which of these three phones would you say has better sound quality and recpetion?????

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I am sorry I should know better Mods will you move this to the samsung section.

3. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    As much as I love my M610 I will say it is not the best for reception. I have tried the M500 for a couple days because I have a relative with that. The reception holds up better than the M610. The sound quality on the M610 is pretty good it just suffers from poor reception if you are in a fringe area. I have a cheap Sanyo phone that will find usable coverage and make good calls when the M610 won't make the call. I love the phone, I love Samsung, this phone just doesn't get the best reception. I hope they come out with something like it that just has a full display on the front and a much better internal antenna because this is by far the best phone I have ever used. Decent camera, good user interface, micro SD, very thin, great display, below average reception. It really is too bad because this phone is otherwise wonderful.

4. nick2588

nick2588 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung m510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    How do these phones compare in terms of features and usability? I'm trying to decide between the m510 and the m610.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I really like the M610. I have hardly used the M510 at all but it is also a nice little phone. The two are very similar. The camera and display may be slightly better on the M610. The camera rotates so you may like that. You give up the external LCD however. The M610 does have a useful display on the front of the phone but I prefer a full color LCD. The two phones you are looking at are about the same price. The M610 has been out for a while and I have had it since last December. It has held up very well even through some water and many falls on the ground. You will be happy with either of these phones. They are not all that different.
    If you can get a chance to play with them in a store I would suggest that. Even if you don't want to buy from the store just go in and take a look at the two phones. I have an M610 so I have used it a lot and I have no reason not to recommend it. It has been a great phone. My biggest issue has been the reception but if you are normally somewhere with marginal coverage or better you won't have a problem. When you start getting way out in the spotty areas the phone does not perform very well. Other than that the phone is wonderful so definitely take a look at it.

6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I have had the chance to use both phones and I will h ave to say the winner is the 510 and I will tell you why. The 610 didnt have very good battery life and the speaker on it muffles sometimes and I hated that. ALso the recpetion was not that great. I would go with the 510 very good little durable phone.

7. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Well I am sorry if I tried to lead you astray. I did forget to mention that the battery life on the M610 could be better. I don't use the speaker much so I haven't really experienced that problem. As I said earlier, reception does leave a bit to be desired. I like Samsung and it is good to hear that you picked up the M510. It is a nice solid phone and you will be happy with it. It supports stereo bluetooth if I am not mistaken which is a great feature if you listen to music on the phone.

About the battery life. I have found the M610 to last about a day of average use for me. That includes a fair number of calls, a few text messages, and probably a few minutes of web browsing. I might use the camera once or twice as well.

Compared to my other phones the battery life is decent. The Sanyo lasts forever while the A900 is just weird. I used that phone a lot for about a year until December of last year when I got the M610. The A900 has the most useless battery meter which has a very hard time making up its mind about how much charge is remaining. I would pull the phone off the charger in the morning and make a few calls and the battery lost a bar. Then it sat in my pocket for an hour and it goes back up to 3 bars of battery. As I used it throughout the day it would drop down to 2 then up to 3 then 2 and then 1 before going back to 2 and then 1 again. It usually got me through the day and sometimes I got the low battery warning late in the evening before I plugged it back in. I have not had this problem on any other phone.

For nick, if you are still looking I strongly recommend that you use both phones before buying. If you don't like the phone you will be miserable until you decide to put it on ebay and buy a different phone. There should be a couple new phones coming out in July so you might want to wait a few weeks to see if Sprint releases anything that you are equally interested in.

8. nick2588

nick2588 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung m510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Yeah, I did go into the Sprint store a few times to play with the phones. The m610 has a nice, big screen, but it seems huge (actual dimensions) compared to my slider phone. My current Samsung t809 is almost the same physical size/dimensions and also has a nice, large 240x320 screen. With the m610, it just seems huge because it's twice as big as my slider when talking on it because it unfolds. It reminds me of the Razr in that respect: huge when you are holding it up to your face. Maybe it's not really that bad. To be fair, holding the phone up to your ear at the store is a piece of work in and of itself because it is bolted to the counter in the stupid protective metal case thing.

Anyway, I just signed up for SERO yesterday and decided to go with the m510 simply because it's almost the same as the m610 in terms of features I think (the m610 has a larger screen and better camera, but I think that's it?) and just not as large physical size. Plus, it was only $29. If I don't like it or something better comes along in a few weeks, I'll take advantage of the 30-day guarantee and swap my phone for another one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Bill Clinton

My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    Well the M510 is a nice little phone. I don't think you will find any reason to bring it back in. It has pretty much every feature on phones that cost $100 more so there isn't much not to like about the phone.