Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung I760 vs Saga vs Omnia

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by nanllyn, Dec 30, 2008.

1. nanllyn

nanllyn New Member

I have a Sammy I760. Unfortunately it is having problems such as hard buttons as well as my onscreen buttons not working. The voice command won't work at all. IT also won't ring into my phone and I get A LOT of dropped calls from "Lost signal". A Verizon Tech worked with me on it and said it was something they couldn't fix but they don't have I760s any more to replace mine with the same one. BUMMMER!!!!!
    Anyway, they are wanting to replace it with the Saga. I'm not sure I'm sold on the Saga because of the little keyboard on the front. I believe it would be too hard to text/type with it as the buttons are so small. I mentioned the Omnia but they said that wasn't the replacement. I may possibly be able to talk them into the Omnia but not sure if they will go for it.
    If you had a choice between the Omnia or the Saga what would you choose. And for those of you that have a Saga or a keyboard the same size do you get use to how small they are? I really like the size of the keyboard on the I760. It is perfect for texting fast for me.
    I hope I get some answers fairly quickly as I need to get a replacement very soon.

2. tbcurtis

tbcurtis New Member

I am a Samsung Saga user, let me for-warn you, if you get a dud it is a Saga of an experience...I currently have had 3 replacements from Verizon(Due to signal, it looks like there are some with bad antennas...) I had problems with dropped calls with it. It seems to work best if you’re in a large coverage area. I believe the antenna is junk on the Saga. The only best part about the Saga is the optical mouse. It is perfect, the mouse is so much better than the mouse on the Omnia. The Omnia mouse pad is really small and you have to move over it multiple times if you’re using the mouse. It is due to the higher resolution. The i760 is a really great phone. Performance wise with signal the i760 is probably the best out of all 3. But it is really user preference, if you like the touch screens the Omnia is an awesome. But really it is up to you, all three are pretty good phones.

Trent

3. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    In the Omnia, if you set the mouse sensitivity way up, you can track around much more effecently.

Go with what ever phone format works for you; play with both in the store!