Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung Galaxy S8 transfer bugs?

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by kjo, Nov 24, 2019.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hey there all. Hope everyone is doing great! I’ve been trying to help my friend and neighbor move her photos off her Samsung s8. She has the usb c adapter and a flash drive plus we tried the cable direct to computer tower. The my files shows the drive but nothing will move! I looked it up really quick and it seems to be a common issue? I’m not involved in the most current android news but she’s all up to date. And it just won’t work. Next step is the sad card slot but still it should always be able to be moved from phone files to computer? This is crazy. Is there a big bug going on with this issue? I’m seeing mixed results online but thought hmmmmi bet you all may know the real tea (pardon the pun) lol
    Thanks in advance!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I don't understand what's going on with the flash drive.

I don't know if this is any help, since I haven't had a Samsung in a while, but when I had a Samsung their was a program that Samsung had for Windows for doing that off the phone.

3. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Okay I will look into that.
    She tried to go down to Walgreens and hooked her phone up to get a picture to print and even then it wouldn’t let her. She’s been able to in the past. My Samsung s2 you just connect and it sees it like a flash drive and you just cut and paste from the DCIM folder to the hard drive of computer. Hers used to also. Gonna put and SD card in and see if I can transfer her files to it that way.
    I just came across some websites with some very upset people saying after last update they can’t do anything with moving files etc to flash or computer. It’s very strange!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    palandri likes this.
  4. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    When the phone is connected to the computer with a USB cable there should be a notification allowing you to choose the "mode" for the USB. Make sure it's connected in a "File transfer", "Media transfer", "Picture transfer" or something along those lines.

palandri likes this.