Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung Desperately Overstocked?

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by KevinJames, Feb 11, 2016.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  2. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    This seems to be an AT&T thing. Verizon has no S6 promos going on now. Only thing that sticks out on the Verizon site is the iPhone 6+ is $550 when financed ($100 off MSRP)... and a BOGO half off Droid Turbo 2 or Maxx 2

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    It's a hint into Samsung marketing strategy.

They only release to the public units shipped, not sold. So analysts have to make a guess how many Samsung phones have actually sold. An unusual practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @viewfly: I can sort of see your point. To Samsung's case, though: Although they do have some retail outlets, the mass majority of units are sold by carriers and other retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon, et al. Getting those to release their sales figures is like pulling teeth. So Samsung reports what they can report -- shipments. Hopefully those ordering their quantities know how many they can sell.

6. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    No, it has been a deliberate strategy of Samsung to inflate the impression of the popularity of its high end smartphone by providing shipmenst, and not actual sales. It's been noted many times by analysts.

To counter your argument, Apples provides sales, and iPhones are available at Costco, Best Buy, Target, WalMart, Sam clubs, carrier stores, Staples, Radio Shack.

And Amazon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  8. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I'm not sure of your point, if there is one, regarding Samsung or iPhone sales.

Your link confirms that Apple gives real numbers about iPhone sales and others ( like Samsung do not). Thanks for verifying my observation.

If your object was to say all companies shade the truth about products that aren't doing so well, as hoped for, then thanks again. Yes, Apple is lumping sales of the Watch and Apple TV together. They probably are not doing as well as hope for.

But not so for the iPhone. Apple gives hard numbers. Samsung lumps all their phones into one number, because their high end smartphone is not selling as well as the iPhone, and they wish to hide that.

From one of your links:

"If you want real numbers, check Apple’s financials each quarter. Otherwise, ignore all the other numbers in competing market segments until Samsung, Amazon, Google, Microsoft et all release real numbers."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk