Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Samsung Convoy wont work on Wilson Electronics DualBand DB Pro Cell Signal Amp

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by catfree83, Feb 22, 2011.

1. catfree83

catfree83 New Member

Hi,

We just installed a Wilson Electronics DualBand DB Pro Cellular Signal Amplifier w/ Yagi Antenna....it works great for the Verizon Air Card (USB760)...signal is rock solid.

Can't say the same for the Verizon Samsung Convoy ....walk into shop and signal goes to 3G on the phone but within seconds it goes back to 1 or no bars.

We've verified with Verizon where the tower is that we need to look at.....so at this point we're stumped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help
    cat

2. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Sounds like amplifier is creating a false signal . It creates signal on the bandwidth , but it is just an empty signal and the when phone tries to communicate with carrier network and fails it drops signal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. twhite88

twhite88 New Member

Hey catfree83,
    My name is Taylor and I work at Wilson Electronics. I came across your post, and wanted to see if I could help you out.
    I just spoke with our Technical Support, and without knowing all of the specifics, they suggested turning the Air Card off, and seeing if that helps the signal on your Convoy. Both devices may be trying to boost the same band, and the Air Card could be "robbing" the Convoy of signal. Hope that makes sense.
    Also, I would go ahead and give our Technical Support team a call (or shoot them an email). Here is there info: phone number 1-866-294-1660 and email: tech@wilsonelectronics.com.
    Thanks!

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    This is a rare exception to site policy regarding phone numbers and e-mails in posts. Since it is direct technical assistance for Wilson Electronics, this is OK.

twhite88, if you wish to assist someone more directly, please use the Private Messaging system to disseminate personal info, such as your personal/work e-mail and/or phone numbers, or other contact info.

All other kinds of phone numbers and e-mails are not allowed in posts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. twhite88

twhite88 New Member

Mobile Mike,
    Thanks for letting me know, and will do in the future!