Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung A920

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Melsgurl, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Melsgurl

Melsgurl New Member

Please forgive me in advance because I'm not very "wireless" and "pc" literate.

First off, the type of phone that I have is a Samsung A920! I love it! :)

But, ironically I don't know how to use it! :(

Please help me with these questions so I can fully experience everything that this phone has to offer! Thanks!

1. Is there a clip available for this phone yet? Can I order it online?

2. Is there a way to transfer the songs that I've already got uploaded on ITunes (IMAC) onto this phone?

3. Are the first 5 Downloads free? (you may or may not be able to answer this one)

4. How do I upload songs from a PC at work from the website and transfer it to my phone? Is there a way to do it without the USB cable? (since I can't hook that up from work)

That's all I can't think of right now... hope you guys can help!

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Melsgurl :welcome: to WA!

I don't know if any of the regulars here have the a920. I am looking at it for a possible second line. I have heard a lot of good thing about it. I would recommend you look here for your answers. :)

Good luck!

3. SprintEnigma

SprintEnigma New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung 920
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT
    Well I just got the 920 and..
    1) Yes (i got mine at sprint) i couldnt find it online without a plan though... try 800-974-2221 as long as u call between 11 and 7 theyre open all week, you can try to order by phone....
    2)You actually have to buy a card reader to transfer music, the enclosed USB cannot do that, yet http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat12085&type=page&sc=Cameras+%26+Camcorders&qs=card+reader&cp=1&sp=Relevance&mipp=25&uq=Card+reader&_requestid=132640
    3) sorry not sure
    4)refer to 2

4. mak99

mak99 New Member

My Phone:
    samsung a920
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint pcs
    use the included transflash memory card for music files. insert into your pc's card reader and copy files over into the MEDIA folder. MP3s, other formats too, I think. buy a 512 MB off eBay for cheap, plenty for hours of tunes...

5. lbdozo2

lbdozo2 New Member

does anybody on here know how, if you can, use your mp3's that you transfer from your computer to your SDcard as ring tones????

6. jtpratt

jtpratt New Member

The answers to all your questions (and more) can be found in my Samsung MM-A920 new user help guide here: http://smorgasbord.net/samsung_a920_help_guide

No, the first 5 downloads aren't free that I know of (unless there is a promotion).

Yes, there is a clip available, and many covers, jackets, and holsters - visit my web site (link above).

To get songs fron iTunes on the phone, you must burn them to an audio CD, rip to mp3, and then transfer to your trans flash memory card using a USB card reader (you'll find them on my site linked above).

You can use an "uploader" web site to get mp3's from your pc at work to your phone, but the size of them is probably too big. More than likely you have to transfer them using a card reader and your memory card.

7. snaproll

snaproll New Member

Knowing what I know now about the USB cable...

I'm surprised Sprint didn't somehow get Samsung to disable even the dang TransFlash chip for uploading/downloading. :nono: :pissed:

It's too (bleep) obvious that we SHOULD be able to use the enclosed USB cable for that. :pissed: