Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung A920 or LG Fusic?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by CellGeek, Aug 16, 2006.

1. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    What do you guys think? Which is the better phone in the following areas:

1. Reception (this is the most important)
    2. Media Player
    3. Screen (which one has the best resolution and size?)
    4. Size (which phone is smaller?)
    5. Battery Life (Which one has better battery life?)
    6. Extended Battery (which one has the most powerful extended battery?)

Please don't suggest another phone. I will choose between these two models because they both are supported by Telenav and I use Telenav on a daily basis. :confused:

Thanks.

2. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    1) LG Fusic
    2) LG Fusic
    3) A920, The color/image was more sharper
    4) Width Wise - LG Fusic, Heighth - Samsung A920
    5) LG Fusic
    6) LG Fusic I haven't been able to get my hands on an Extended Battery for the LG Fusic yet. Although, the official stated info. for LG Fusic's Extended Battery is up to 7.5 hours of talk time. I had the Extended Battery for the Samsung A920 and it was as it was stated, the Extended Battery life was up to 6 hours.

I had the Samsung A920 first. I didn't like it because for me, it had reception problems and the earpiece in the speaker sounded like you were talking to someone on a walkie-talkie speakerphone. I also heard slight pops or clicks, however you want to describe it come out of the earpiece just before someone said something. I am not the only person who has had this issue. I had it with two Samsung A920s. Now, me personally, I don't like the internal antennae because they put them where people instictively put their fingers when on the phone, at least for me anyway, LOL.

The LG Fusic's earpiece sounds a lot better. I also noticed a big improvement with reception when going from the Samsung A920 to the LG Fusic. I liked the MP3 player on the Fusic better. It has an equalizer settings control and you can access the music on your memory card from the external controls unlike the Samsung A920. The standard battery for the LG Fusic performed a lot better than the standard battery for the Samsung A920. Also, I noticed a lot of bugs with the Samsung A920 and somethings that caused it to reboot. I haven't experienced any issues with the LG Fusic yet. Although, maybe someone else here can mention a few, if any. As for Telenav, I read over at SprintUsers that the Telenav software for the LG Fusic is A LOT better than the Telenav software for the Samsung A920. Overall, my personal opinion, you would be A LOT better off getting the LG Fusic. I hope this information helps you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Dude,

Thanks for the comparison and all of the good information. I am now sold on the LG Fusic but would like to purchase it from the best retailer. I would like to purchase the phone from Costco because of their liberal return policy. (They will even replace phones that have been eaten by a dog) Unfortunately, Costco doesn't carry the LG Fusic and therefore I need to explore other options. What about Radio Shack? Do they have a good return/exchange policy? What about other retailers? Who do you guys recommend?

4. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I got my phone from InPhonic as it was required to sign up with Sprint though them for my SERO plan. Other than that, I have never bought a phone through a retailer, I always bought directly from corporate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...