Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung a900

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by aznglow, Aug 30, 2006.

1. aznglow

aznglow Junior Member

My Phone:
    SAMSUNG A900 BLADE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT
    i just got this phone and i love it

BUT
    i was wondering if any of u know how to/if u can disable the light on the sub screen when charging, and how to put a pic on the subscreen and have the sub screen light on in the day so i dont have to tap the side to c what time it is.

anyone else like their new samsung a900?

2. liseb17

liseb17 New Member

Hi aznglow! :) I've had my A900 for over a month I think, and so far it's been working great! Only downside to the phone is that the if you flip the camera lens over and try to take a picture while using the screen as the viewfinder and having the person smile into the sub LCD, the picture comes out upside down. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Also, while I'm hear I'll ask another help question. :) I know how to load pictures from my PC onto my phone as mass storage (thru the USB) but any ideas on how to trick the phone into letting it assign those pictures (ones not taken by the phone) as a screen saver or a caller ID?

3. syncmaster

syncmaster New Member

My Phone:
    Nextel/BlackBerry 7100i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint PCS
    I'm not personally aware of any way to disable the sub LCD while charging, I would think that it probably can't be done, but it sure is bright! Lights up my whole room when I plug it in when I go to bed.

About the camera orientation if you use the volume rocker on the left hand side of the screen it will change the orientation so you can take a picture correctly.

Hope that helps! :D

-Charlie

4. liseb17

liseb17 New Member

Thanks Charlie! Hmm, I bet that was in the user's manual which *cough* I haven't read yet. . .:loony:

Anyone have ideas on getting a picture not taken from the phone to work as a screen saver/background image?

And aznglow, as far as the bright subscreen, I just lay my phone upside down on my desk while charging at night. :D

5. syncmaster

syncmaster New Member

My Phone:
    Nextel/BlackBerry 7100i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Nextel, Sprint PCS
  6. liseb17

liseb17 New Member

Thanks Charlie, this works great! :D