Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SAMSUNG A900 status...

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by apocalpz, Jan 18, 2006.

1. apocalpz

apocalpz New Member

Has anyone had this phone for a month or so? If yes, can you please rate the phone? I guess what are your pros and cons thus far, I'm planning on getting it soon just wanted to know a couple of feedbacks. BTW is the battery life THAT bad?:confused:

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I know their are a few people on this forum who have the phone, so I hope they chime in. Also you may want to check here for more reviews.

3. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    I love the phone! The screen is absolutly beautiful, reception is fantastic, camera is top notch. I would agree with just about every other review out there, so I am not going to bother writing out my own.

My only gripes are with the battery (which seems to be getting better), and the issue with sending pictures. I have had 2 firmware updates (the first of which was a mistake) and it still is not fixed. I would say that on the average, my pictures go through 10% without me helping it along by power cycling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I wish the phone would of had a slot for extended memory. If it did I would of got one already. I may pick up a a920 soon, as my PPC6600 is having some problems lately. :(

5. chris4434

chris4434 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR D&G Gold
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Sprint PCS (cancelled), T-Mobile
    i posted this short review a while back...............

I got this phone about two weeks ago and I really like it. It has impressed me more than any phone I have ever owned (samsung e105, Toshiba 4050, Sanyo 8200, and Sanyo 5600 just to name a few) Here is a quick pro/con list

Pros:
    GREAT screens. The internal QVGA screen is HUGE(2.23 inches i think) It is very bright and easy to read in the sunlight. IMO it looks better than the 5600 and 4050's screens. The external screen is the best I have ever seen in a phone. The quality is almost as good as the internal screen and its also very bright.
    Camera. the camera takes good photos and much better pictures in the dark than my 5600 every did. the flash is really bright too
    A lot of memory
    buttons for the music on the outside of the phone
    Great earpeice
    really good reception
    great UI (huge improvement over the boring sanyo UI)
    OTA updates
    the ability to force digital roam this is a GREAT feature to me because sprint has a pretty bad signal at my house -(106,-100 dBM) but verizons is much better at around -97 so this allows me to not drop calls at my house. also verizon is the only other CDMA provider in all of north georgia (besides metro pcs) so I basically have the ability to access verizons network at anytime
    loud and clear ringtones
    EVDO is really fast
    because the phone is so small it fits nicely into my pockets

Cons:
    the speakerphone is good but its really quiet and sounds bad at higher volumes
    the battery life is pretty bad ( I have to recharge everyday)
    the charging port drives me insane
    no dedicated button for speakerphone
    no memory card slot
    no analog

Overall I would give this phone a 9.5 out of 10 because it does have some minor issues but the good aspects of the phone completely outweigh the bad ones

6. WonderDude2k

WonderDude2k New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I also charge up my phone very night, but that doesn't bug me too much. The phone is just super-slim -- there's only so much room for juice storage. I really like my phone overall.

7. apocalpz

apocalpz New Member

I believe I'm going to get my phone today, cant wait to play with it :browani: I guess when I'm down with touching all the bottoms I'll put in my two cents in to it. Last night while I was on ebay i saw this company selling a hard case (black color) for the samsung. Looks kinda neat, protects the phone from the many bumps and bruises. I purchased it for like $12 hopefully I get it next week to see if it is good or not. Has anyone seen something like that before?

8. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Can you please elaborate on the statement:

"the charging port drives me insane"

Thanks.

9. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The charging port has a little door that kinda hangs off the side when you plug it in. It gets in the way, but its not really a big deal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. tygger

tygger Junior Member

Just got the phone in and now I see what you mean about the charging port! I dont know how long that door will last and it seems like the charger doesn't connect to the port very well because the door is kinda in the way.

11. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
  12. apocalpz

apocalpz New Member

13. tygger

tygger Junior Member

LOL. I couldn't tell ya... That pic kinda discredits any quality values that the product may have. But Im guessing it should work ok plugged into the side where the charger would normally go.

14. apocalpz

apocalpz New Member

Honestly i had the phone like for 1 day and had to return it to get a new one... long story but it my estimation I didn't recall a port on the bottom of the phone:loony:

15. Yankees368

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Every product that this company sells for this phone shows it plugged into the bottom. Can you say photoshop?

16. Laidee

Laidee New Member

how does the case look like..ive been looking for one for my a900...where do u think it ca be found?

17. leeno

leeno New Member

Great phone for everyday use, i love it over the razr personally. As most should know by the now the battery life isn't so great but if you keep the multimedia use on the phone to a minimal then the battery will last a good 3 hours of talk time. I would recommend everyone get a phone case from samsung's website it's around $15 with free shipping(i think), i haven't ordered from them yet but i will, instead of ebay. heres the link for the a900

http://product.samsung.com/cgi-bin/...nes/Accessories&redirect=yes&prod_id=SPH-A900