Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung A310 Vs. Motorola V60i vs LG VX10

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Guest, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am posting it in verizon, LX and Samsung- sorry for the repeats [​IMG]

I will be purchasing a new verizon phone in the next few days and I've narrowed it down to the A310, V60i and VX10... I would like to hear input on these phones from those who have them or those who have owned more than one of them.

My priorities are:
    1. RECEPTION- I can't have calls forwarded to voice mail (I am a doctor in a hospital and usually page people back to my phone)
    2. DURABILITY
    3. Ease of accessing the Address Book- I used to have the Samsung 3500 on Sprint and loved the way that I can push the down arrow and automatically access the address book-
    4. Standby Battery life- Need the phone to be able to receive calls for my entire 24-36 hour shift

Web service and downloading are not priorities.

I need to know if the extra $100 is worth it to get the v60i?

Thanks!

2. Venedotia

Venedotia New Member

Get the T720, much better phone than all three. For current customers there is a promotion where you can get 100.00 off the price of the 720 (making it the same as the v60) if you trade in your old phone and go with a 2 year agreement

Good luck,
    Vene

3. bbycrts

bbycrts New Member

Look, nobody who hasn't owned and used all the models you're interested in can tell you which one is best, despite the fact that there will be a lot of "experts" who tell you that the one they bought is the best.

My experience with the VX10 is EXCELLENT for the features I'm interested in. It is small, light, has a good screen, ringer is plenty loud, and it will warm your cheek on a cold day (it does get warm with use, which to me is a non-issue). The price is better than the other two, and it's a second generation model (upgrade of the VX1), which makes me think that some of the issues the first generation phone had have been worked out. Both the Samsung and the Motorola are first generation. My VX10 has been just fine, reliability-wise, though it's still quite new. No problems out of the box. The reception is outstanding - as good as any other cell phone I've owned/used, and that's a lot of them. It is solidly built - snaps open with one hand and clicks shut with authority.

I can't make any comments about the other two, because although I've played with each of them at the Verizon store, I have no real experience on which to base an opinion. All I can say is I chose the VX10 and have absolutely zero regrets.

4. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I've used all of those phones and more.

I can tell you that out of that list, this is the hierarchy for the things -You- want in a phone:

1) LG-VX10
    2) Motorola V60i
    3) Samsung A310

The VX-10 would be your best bet for all of the things you described, except for reception, because none of those other phones beat the V60i in terms of that. The T720 is definitely not on the list for you, since you DEFINITELY need the phone to work at all times on standby and can't take the risk of it dying on you; no pun intended. The only + of the A310 is its bright blue lighting.

The only - of the VX-10 is that it doesn't open up enough for me. Its predecessor, the LG-TM510, opened up enough for a comfortable fit, but the VX-10 does not.

Based on all of the things you want, go with the LG VX-10. But before making your choice, go into the Verizon store and use all of them as demos. And I don't mean the display ones sitting next to the prices, I mean ask an employee for a demo phone to use and play with.

To be quite honest, I'd say the VX-10 and the V60i are a tie. The only problem I have with the V60i is the small/hard to read screen, the overly large antenna and only one line to view on the outer LCD. But you may feel different about this.

Good luck, Doc Anonymous.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I would love a chance to compare the V60i and VX10 myself. But this much I know; V60i gets up to 245 minutes talk time/over 200 hours standby on a 700mah battery; VX10 gets only about two thirds of those numbers on a 900mah battery; and V60i's SAR (radiation output) numbers with the FCC are outstanding, which tends to confirm the talk time performance claims -- it's not using much power to pull that signal in.

So I can't say how much reception these phones get (wish I could, so I could get my choice between them right), but it's fairly safe to say the Motorola will win on battery life. I got a chance to look at a VX10 in the local RadioShack; it was pulling a substantially stronger signal than my Kyocera 2035a. (maximum five bars or at least four bars on the VX10, one bar on the Kyocera). For what it's worth, they preferred the VX10 to the V60; I've had another Verizon dealer tell me the opposite though. If I was completely ignorant of battery life, SAR ratings etc I'd go for the VX10; it feels more solid, the display is better and the antenna is definitely sturdier -- even if the Moto is prettier. Moto's plus on durability is the changeable case; scratch or dent it and you can change it out.

Anyone care to venture which phone (VX10 or V60i) wins on reception?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

That is, on reception, anyone else besides Corey?

So many people on these forums seem to have widely differing views on the V60i. You'd expect that on the first-version V60c, but it seems even among the V60i owners there's either people with widely differing hearing, or Moto's consistency is all over the place.

7. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

Well, I have a LG TM-510 much cheaper around 150.00 has everything that you like and the others that you don't need. It has the loudest ringer and sound from caller (me) to party so i can hear them clean and clear, voice rec etc.. I say go w/ the LG TM-510

-good features
    -the quality without the price
    -sleek and lightweight.

8. nablee3

nablee3 New Member

as an employee of a cellular company i will tell you the one phone we have the least amount of complaints on is the lg vx10. but then too the v60i is a very popular phone but i believe the lg is the simplest to use. stay away from samsung. they may be good now but samsung tends to discontinue phones quickly and not be able to back up warrenty issues

9. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    How about the LG-TM510, nablee?