Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Saddam Captured!!

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Delta, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    What do you think?? [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    Certainly very good news, another very evil man taken off the streets, and I applaud those involved in the hard work needed to capture this evil man, but it still won't stop terrorism, nor will it make our nation any safer, so while I am overjoyed to see him in the hands of justice, we still are a looooooong ways from being safe. I worry that the Bush administration will use this as a tool to whitewash and make things look good, while the nation is still unprepared for a major terrorist attack. As for a trial, he will get one, if we were not to provide him with that, we would be no better than him and his government who condemned so many with no trial. We gave the evil Nazi's a trial at Nuremberg, and Sadaam will get his day in court, though we all know what the verdirct will be on him, guilty on all counts! Now, I hope we can keep this discussion sane and without any insults or name calling

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AJE

AJE Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yeahhhhh!

<fires gun in air>

Yeahhhhh!

4. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    While I think that he'll get a trial, it would not dissapoint me a bit to hear that he "fell up the stairs" while being held prisoner.

5. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    I haven't told you guys my secret plan for paying off the national debt and saving Medicare and Social Security, have I.

1. Construct a platform in the middle of Wall Street right in front of the NYSE.
    2. Tie up Saddam.
    3. Charge people $100 apiece to kick him in the coglioni.
    4. Grant the immediate family of soldiers killed or injured in Iraq since 1990 unlimited free front-of-the-line passes.
    5. Eventually, he will die, in full view of the vibrant economy he so jealously hated.
    6. Pay off the national debt and re-fund Medicare and Social Security.
    7. Buy pizza for everyone in the country.

Oddly enough, I am a pacifist, but my mind is stirred to violence when I think of this stupid schmuck. (Yes, I opposed the war in Iraq, and I concur with ILUVSOCAL that this won't change the security situation, but Saddam needs to go.)

Also... did you see the photos on the CBC? The headline should have been "U.S. Captures Saddama Claus"... that beard is unreal!

6. IowaUser

IowaUser Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 4900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    This is definitely a great day for the U.S., Iraq, and the whole world. The capture shows the caliber of men and women we have in the U.S. military. What a great accomplishment! Hussein will receive a hearing in Iraqi civil court, and I think we all hope for a fair and just verdict. The overall effect Hussein's capture will likely not be immediate, except for a possible increase in rebel insurgency. I cannot wait to hear how Saddam tries to justify his twenty five years of oppression. It is ironic that another mass grave of 60,000 bodies was just found, isn't it? All indications are that the U.S. will stay in the Mideast in the administration's hope of spreading democracy and ultimately peace in the region. It's quite an endeavor.

7. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    "All indications are that the U.S. will stay in the Mideast in the administration's hope of spreading democracy and ultimately peace in the region"

Uh huh, okie. I had to respectfully say that I think that is a nice dream, but when they capture the leaders of Saudia Arabia, Syria, Libya, several African Nations, North Korea, Cambodia, Iran and China then maybe I'll buy that, I would say that those nations are probably responsible for more death and suffering than anything Sadaam could figure out. Even if you did get all those, you still couldn't bring peace in our time to a region that has been fighting amongst iteself for THOUSANDS of years. Until the mindset of terrorists changes, evil will continue her horrid march across the globe. Now, I'll probably get yelled at and called upatriotic or something for saying that (Herr Ashcroft is everywhere), but that's the way I feel towards the administrations so called "lofty" goals. That said I am glad to see an evil, sick man like Sadaam in the hands of justice!

8. axvx8xoxr

axvx8xoxr Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You'd have my vote for how to deal with his capture but I'd sell tickets to kick him on eBay!

9. IowaUser

IowaUser Junior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 4900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    ILUVSOCAL, I don't disagree with you one bit. The administration is very optimistic in achieving perhaps lofty goals. I also think fighting will remain in this region for a long time. The goal is to spread democracy in hopes of peace. Because in a democracy you give people a voice, hopefully people will take that opportunity to have their voice heard in a constructive way, not a destructive way. I just cannot take the pessimistic middle-European view that if we do nothing, things will get better on their own. Something has to break the cycle.

I agree with changing the mindset of terrorists. However, something has to change to accomplish that goal. Is it any surprise that most terrorists come from non-democratic countries? This goes back to my point about letting people voice their opinions and views. If people cannot use their voices, they will use their guns. I think people are basically good, and systems that oppress people make people bad.

Ashcroft--he has expanded federal enforcement units to powers beyond those they had under J. Edgar Hoover, and we all know the reputation he has about enforcement (and his choice of clothing). I understand people being weary of giving the feds broad powers, especially with the broad expansion of the federal government. It all comes down to balance. People have to ask if they will sacrifice civil liberties for safety. Some say yes, some say no. It's a matter of degree, and the Constitution and Bill of Rights gives no priority of which rights should have more importance. Just like their is no unlimited freedom of expression. (You cannot threaten to kill the Prez or yell "Fire!" in a movie theatre without repercussion.) This is a little off-topic, but we are in the Roaming Zone. [​IMG] I just want to say that I am proud of America and its allies today.

10. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    I don't care whether the verdict is fair, I don't expect the verdict to fair, and it would just be terrible if he ended up planted like an onion with his head in the ground, really horrible if he went to go bake bagels for Satan.

That is an impossible endeavour and given the two-term limit no administration will ever accomplish it. My usual response to the problems in the Middle East is (a) find an alternative fuel so we don't depend on them for oil and (b) build a giant wall around the whole region, wait twenty years, then make friends with the survivors... let's spare our soldiers some grief.

11. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

I keep hearing people say they are opposed to the war but agree that Saddam should be captured. But what I don't understand is how can that be done without a war? It couldn't. He would still be in power if it wasn't for this invasion. I fully support both this war and our president Bush and hope Bush gets relected for another 4. If it can't be him I would like to see Lieberman as my second choice. He's a decent & well qualified man to be president and was also in favor of the war. I also disagree with the comments that this won't help to reduce terrorism in our country and in other countries. Why have such a negative attitude about this? Only time will tell. It certain won't be the end to terrorism but at least it's a start. Every terrorist captured is one less out there to cause trouble. At least one of the terrorist involved in the 9-11 attack was trained in Baghdad so there is a connection between the two.

12. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Decepticon Air Commander

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I like that idea. Pizza for every one.

13. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    My points, simplified.

1) Bush is Retarded.
    2) Clinton wasn't as bad a guy as I once thought. So what if he was horny? He fixed the budget. Bush destroyed it.
    3) Bush should not get credit for all this...the military should.
    4) I was in combat action against Iraq in 96. Lobbing missiles at Saddam is fun.
    5) Winter sucks.

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    But that's just the way it is. The pres will always get at least some credit for what the military does simply because he is commander in chief of the military.

15. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    One of my fave ringtones I got off of MIDIringtones...calle "Bushisms" It goes a little something like this:

"So in my state of the...my state of the union....er...state..my speech to the nation...whatever you want to call it"

Yep, he really said that. We really don't get good choices for politicians. Lets just hope that we don't elect Vince McMahon or someone like that.......

16. Wizzert

Wizzert New Member

Im so glad that he got caught. Now we need to get Osama bin ladan.

17. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Vince McMahon is ABOVE God!
    He would make an aweomse president.
    He knows what the people of the US want.
    He knows what the US people need.
    He is the poeple!
    He has an ULTRA HOT daughter!

VOTE Vincent K. McMahon for President!
    [​IMG]

18. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I agree! I was at last weeks Smackdown show in San Jose, CA!

19. Delta

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Maybe Cop is right....I retract my previous statement. Just no more XFL.