Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung S6 Touchscreen Sensitivity Setting

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by ngotham93nd, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ngotham93nd

ngotham93nd New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    VPN
    After I restarted my Galaxy S6 in Recovery Mode a few days ago to clear the Cache Partition, the Increase Touch Sensitivity option under Settings/Display disappeared. I am sure it was under Settings because I have selected this option to use the phone while wearing gloves not long before clearing the Cache Partition. I searched the web for a solution and read on some sites that the S6 does not feature this option, while on other sites they state that indeed it does, and it should be under Settings/Display/Increase Touch Sensitivity. I have not updated my software nor have I downloaded any 3rd party apps before clearing the Cache Partition. My S6 has the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS that came built-in with the phone when I bought it new.

Does the S6 have the Increase Touch Sensitivity option in Settings?
    If so, where can I find it or why did it disappear after clearing the Cache Partition?
    Is the Increase Touch Sensitivity setting a function of the phone (hardware) or the Android OS (software)?

NB: I should mention that the reason I cleared the Cache Partition is due to a minor water damage that caused the stereo headphone jack to stop working and the Split Screen function to intermittently launch on its' own. A couple of hours in a rice bag eventually solved this problem and everything went back to normal.

Please help!

2. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    Here's what I would do. Update your software and then do a factory reset.

3. Stammer

Stammer New Member

Same thing here. I did a factory reset and that didn't make any difference. Is there anything else I can try?