Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ringtones

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by kjo, Nov 21, 2018.

1. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    Hi everyone! Happy day before Thanksgiving to you all! Can I ask a quick question. Regarding tones etc. I’m still trying to figure out the iPhone tone thing. I can see that I can buy them but I already have a collection of them from my google play music etc. I’m trying to figure out how to move them to iTunes and then if way to use as tones? Is this even possible ? Or I just have to buy tones from iTunes Store? Thanks!

Oh and I have googled it but so far I haven’t been successful. I think I’m doing something wrong. Need some iOS help on this one. No issue with iPad and touch but it’s not a phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I assume you need more tones than the many available on the phone already? There are quite a few.

It’s been awhile since I made custom ringtones, like recording a favorite song ( with my iPhone)and turning it into a ring tone. That can be done with the free GarageBand Apple app.

You can also import ringtones into iTunes you might have on your PC or Mac and then make ringtones with them. Can you move your google play music into iTunes? Then you should be okay.

Check out this link, and see if it helps.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207955

And Garage band app

GarageBand by Apple https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garageband/id408709785?mt=8

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

3. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cricket
    I just wanted to use my existing holiday tones and actual music tones versus just the standards That’s all ;)
    I’ve been trying. Google play manager keeps running and says its transferring but nothing is happening. But you give me hope. I got frustrated and just ____ the computer off. But I will try again.
    And thank you. I have garage band on the iPad but I wasn’t aware I could do that with music and songs. I’ve only ever used it to play piano.

I’ll keep researching and follow the links you left. Thank you again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Hi Kelly, here's another link for you: https://support.google.com/googleplaymusic/answer/6265919. It describes how you can download your Google Play music as MP3 files. If everything else fails you can download them first, then import into iTunes and follow the steps viewfly gave you.

viewfly likes this.