Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ringtone hell

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by rob001, Oct 12, 2008.

1. rob001

rob001 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verison
    Hello All;

I want to make my own ring tone and I have a problem. I have an edited mp3 and am attempting to use BitPim to install the ringer in the phone. PitPrim is communicating with the phone and is showing the calendar, incoming calls, and missed calls. However when I attempt to select “Phone” from the menu, I cannot see any reference to “Ring tone” in the main display tile (it should be above the “Today” column).

I am using BitPro 1.06 running with XP and service pack 3. My carrier is Verison and the phone is an LG VX8550 .

I cannot go further with my ring tone installation, and I really need some help. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards;

Rob
    :):)

2. littlepriest01

littlepriest01 Junior Member

Have you disabled your firewall?

3. mzboss

mzboss New Member

[I want to make my own ring tone and I have a problem. I have an edited mp3 and am attempting to use BitPim to install the ringer in the phone. PitPrim is communicating with the phone and is showing the calendar, incoming calls, and missed calls. However when I attempt to select “Phone” from the menu, I cannot see any reference to “Ring tone” in the main display tile (it should be above the “Today” column).

~*~YOU'RE having ring tone hell? i have the motorola E815 and no card and no cords and for the LIFE of me, i canNOT figure out how to get ring tones. i've tried freeringers.net, myxer.com, tried sendign them to OTHER peoples phones, i have tried almose EVERYTHING and people say use pc link, but i have no clue how to do that, or email the song to my cell phone, and i dont know how to do THAT either. im just....a 1st grader enrolled in cell phone hell college. anyways when i try to get onto ring tone sites my phone says error... i think my carrier blocks those websites. so PLEASSSSE some one email me and help me. dont say buy the card or the cord either lol im trying to avoid that, HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!.