Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ringtone crack for the k790a?

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by Maverick5588, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Maverick5588

Maverick5588 New Member

My Phone:
    sony ericsson k790a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers
    well i was told that someone had made a rington crack which enables people with the k790a to use their music as their ringtones.. does anyone know anything about it..? if so please share the info :)

2. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    Can't you already use any mp3 as a ringtone or do you mean bypasing the normal length of a ringtone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. enigmaos

enigmaos New Member

sorry, please disregard this response.

4. Maverick5588

Maverick5588 New Member

My Phone:
    sony ericsson k790a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers
    no, when i put song on my phone it does not allow me to use them as a ringtone... only downloaded ones as my ringtone.. so does anyone know how i can get the songs i put onto my phone from my computer as my ringtone..?? and not just the ones i download from my provider but songs i listen to

5. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    It sounds like your network has been buggering around with the firmware! If this is the case then you have one of two options; unbrand or cirumvent the DMA protection. SE used to offer an application for download on their website that would enable you to encode/decode DMA protection on files, but I'm not sure whether they still offer it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Maverick5588

Maverick5588 New Member

My Phone:
    sony ericsson k790a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers
    hmmm what the hell.. i thought it was every k790a... and that is really dissapointing that i cant use my own mp3 songs i get from my computer as my ringtone.. :(

7. scotsboyuk

scotsboyuk Senior Member

My Phone:
    N95
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Orange, T-Mobile
    The geenric K800/K790 should be able to use nay mp3 as a ringtone, but if your network has changed the firmware then you will have to unbrand or circumvent the DMA protection.

8. damirb

damirb New Member

MP3's do work as ring tones on the k790. They just have to be sampled at 112kbs or less. I tried a 20 sec sample at 112kbs and it works fine. Then converted it to wav so I could use it with MagicWord. Haven't tried a full length MP3 at 112, but the ringer only plays about 20 sec, so why use up the memory? I used WavePad (free) to sample and convert.

9. Maverick5588

Maverick5588 New Member

My Phone:
    sony ericsson k790a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers
    o, bloody brilliant dude, thanks :D

10. gubak

gubak Junior Member

Great topic!

11. Maverick5588

Maverick5588 New Member

My Phone:
    sony ericsson k790a
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Rogers
    hmmm ok after many attempts i cannot get it to work... sigh i shortened a file i wanted to use to 19 seconds and then didnt know what format to save it as.. so can u help me with that?

and after i got bored of trying i used that progam u mentioned to turn stairway to heaven backwards and man that is creepy... i cant believe he actually said satan something something 666...

anyways could u possibly go into more detail and help me out?

12. damirb

damirb New Member

Hey, Maverick;

OK, here's what I did, step by step...
    - Opened the mp3 I wanted to use
    - Selected the portion of the song that I wanted (I used the first 19 secs of Ozzy - Crazy Train. SWEET!)
    - Clicked on the first icon above the song name (or click on Edit, Copy to New)
    - Then clicked Save File
    - Changed Save as Type to MP3
    - Clicked in Save
    - Changed Bitrate to 112
    - Clicked OK
    - Transferred to my phone

Hope that helps.

13. roopstar

roopstar New Member

none of those work ... anyother options ?

14. damirb

damirb New Member

I was at work when I tried it that way (didn't have my cable), so I saved the file to an SD card, then BT'd it to my phone (from my Palm). That's the only other thing I can think of. I've since debranded and no longer have restrictions.
    Good luck.

15. roopstar

roopstar New Member

i bought the phone from rogers and got it unlocked ..... and as told u use a dmr packager and that would work but it didnt think that only work for the 810

16. damirb

damirb New Member

Mine's from Rogers as well. If you want full functionality, I suggest you debrand. I used wotanserver.com

17. roopstar

roopstar New Member

is this easy todo with out harming ur phone

18. damirb

damirb New Member

Very easy. Just flashes with "real" firmware, not Rogers version. Just be sure to back up all contacts, Pictures, Themes, Games, etc., as flashing wipes everything. Look for posts on debranding. There are tons out there.

19. superbang

superbang New Member

anyone know if there's a debranding program that i can find for free?

20. Fifo123

Fifo123 New Member

Does anyone have the this problem? My computer doesn't read my phone (as a storage drive) when the USB cable is plugged in. I installed the "disc2"phone" software and all the drivers, and still doesn't work. What else do I need to do? Please help!!!

21. mingkee

mingkee Junior Member

My Phone:
    SE K790
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Beyond GSM
    the simplest way is flash to generic fw (maximum possible freedom)

22. Sactravas

Sactravas New Member

that is more hassel then it is worth, SE has a program right on there site that will protect the mp3s that you want to use as ringtones as for the name of this program i forget,

23. Sactravas

Sactravas New Member

just an ipdate for those that are looking to use mp3z as ringtunes but can't, i found the program that i mentioned in the above post it is call DRM Packager
    it can be found here

My Account

24. bikersgold

bikersgold New Member

Actually does anyone know how to get just ordinary ringtones on a unlocked Rogers K790a. Want my phone to ring like a phone.

25. Farrid

Farrid New Member

I just got a sory ericsson K790a, and yes you can use righ tones as MP3's. I used dBpowerAMP Music Converter to make the music file a WAV file at 8000 Frequency. It work well and it is easy. I don't know about anyone here but I doesn't get much simpler.

26. Heavy Fluid

Heavy Fluid Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    You can convert them like mentioned above, or you can search for a DRM packager, and once you use that, you can use them. You can also debrand the phone and full mp3 ringtones will work.

If you purchase this phone unbranded/unlocked online from a retailer, not a provider, you will be able to use mp3 ringtones also. Rogers tends to block some, if not all of their phones.

27. Farrid

Farrid New Member

I did get my phone from Rogers and like I said, only needed to convert to wma at 16000 or 8000 frequency and tada! I just converted everything I wanted on my phone that I needed or thought I would need to use as alarm, message alert or ringtone.
    One thing I did not like about the phone though was when I paired my bluetooth with it, it did not switch to hands free setting automatically. My w600i did, so when I walked into a store it wouldn't ring out loud. Called Sony Ericsson and they said this phone that has all the bells and whistles is missing that whistle?