Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ring Back Tones

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by RJB, Jul 6, 2005.

1. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    So has anyone been using this I signed up last night and it is not worth the money in my opinion. If you dont know what ring back tones are they are when you call someone who has verizon instead of hearing the dial tone sound when calling someone you can have it play music for people. If anyone would like to hear what it sounds like I can give you my cell number and you can call me Pm me. I just have the basic classical verizon default. You have to do it tonight though because I am going to cancel it tommorow I just wanted to try it and see how it was. So like I said if you want to hear it PM me and I can give you my number to try it out. Or click here to email me

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Ryan,
    I've tried the normal Verizon ringback tone myself, there's no monthly fee for me since I have an IN Texting package, but I wouldn't pay $1.99 for a ringback tone.
    My friend is bought a ringbacktone...I mean it is cool, but not worth it IMO.
    We should exchange phone numbers anyways to TXT ;)

3. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA

You can add the message that says, "please enjoy the music while your party is being reached..." to avoid confusion.

It's getting pretty popular here in Southern Cali. Between VZW and T-Mobile customers, it is starting to really catch on especially with the youth.

I must admit I am starting to like it. I have three different ones assigned to different people I know. A lot of the guys at work (young and old) are having fun with it too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Well I had it taken off I guess that Utah is not ready for it lol

5. mikestorm5

mikestorm5 New Member

My Phone:
    VX 8600
    I did some research on ringbacks, and gotta say it's a brilliant idea.

BusinessWeek has an article on them here

Because the ringback is on the the wireless carrier's server, there is no chance of song piracy. Additionally, the day might come when you call a buddy, get hooked on his ringback, press "one" to order, and the mp3 gets downloaded to your phone while your monthly bill gets nicked for $1 or so. As you can see, music companies will love ringbacks.

Ringbacks can work on land lines too, so in the not too distant future you'll hear a company jingle in lieu of a standard ring when you phone a business.

6. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    This is good and all but for those people who dont want to pay for addition ring back tones the carrier needs to get something other than classical. They need to give the customers a few choices for the basic service. Because I will tell you the classical Verizon has is nasty sounding.