Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

resurrecting old palm tungsten tx

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by itdirector, Jul 9, 2012.

1. itdirector

itdirector New Member

hello, nice to meet you all.

my daughter is still too young for a cell phone, but like most children, really wants a handheld like her older siblings carry. we have a tungsten tx with a broken screen and I think restoring that would be an ideal little summer project for us to do together. I am not interested in activating cell service for it, but I would like to restore the existing data (kept it all these years just for that) and then customize it appropriately for a child. has anyone here done this with their own kids? is there a "junk box" here where we can pick up parts and accessories for a tungsten tx that no one wants any more?

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; Nexus S Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Welcome to WA! You may want to try looking on Ebay. I bought a new LCD screen for one of my old PDA phones, and it came with all tools necessary to take it apart, and instructions for $20. I was able to replace the broken screen in about 2 hours, and after I broke my screen the second time, I replaced the screen in about 40 minutes. Good luck!

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...