Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Resetting The Clock on a RAZR V3M

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Setosan, May 31, 2008.

1. Setosan

Setosan New Member

Alright, so I have a Motorola RAZR V3M with the firmware version of 24.1_01.19.07 and my clock/date on my phone says it's Monday May 26th/10:53 PM when it's Saturday May 31st/6:53 PM (EST)

Does anyone know how to get the date/time correct again? I did a Master Reset, but that didn't do anything.

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Strange it should auto update with the network. Sorry not sure what is going on sounds like your phone is getting bad.

3. Setosan

Setosan New Member

That sounds like I should bring it into a Verizon Wireless store and they can fix it?

Well, I sorta modded my phone, and I think that's why it messed up, but I guess I have no choice.

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    You can try to take it to a VZ store, but they may not do anything if they can tell you visibly modified the phone (voids the warranty). I'm not 100% sure of this, but it's worth a try.

Have you manually reset the time and it still goes back to the wrong time? If this is the case, than you might have messed it up with the modifications.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Setosan

Setosan New Member

I did the modding thing via Unlocking a Motorola Razr V3m from Verizon — My Piece of the Inter(.)net and I guess it was for an earlier version of the RAZR, and you can't manually change the time on this phone, it's pretty stupid. The only thing I did modding wise was get free ringtones, which I can delete without a problem.

6. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    If the mods you made wouldn't be obvious to a Verizon store rep, I'd go there and see what they could do. Just know going in there are no guarantees. It's worth a shot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. flandersman

flandersman New Member

i had the same problem with my 24.1_01.19.07 v3m.

i called customer support twice, and both times they had no idea what was wrong with my phone. after about 5 days the problem went away for me. you might just want to wait it out.

another thing to try is updating your drivers by calling *228 from your RAZR. press the button for update roaming drivers (for me it was 2) and it should update your roaming drivers, which might fix it.