Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

REQ: Benefits of GSM over CDMA

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 5, 2002.

1. MilesD

MilesD New Member

I know what you mean about the anonymous posters. I prefer the HowardForums.com rules that don't allow anons. If you're going to boast or flame or whatever, you should stand by what you're saying and sign your name to it.

Still, I think you ought to cool off a bit with the VS defenses ... you'd have more credibility. Just my two cents.

And thanks to everyone for all the welcoming comments. I'm about to unpack my brand-new VX-1 for my first ever cell phone plan (which I selected with much advice I gleaned from this site). What happens next will determine if I'm a happy, VZW-defender or a crazed Verizon flamer. Wish me luck

2. MTS2000

MTS2000 Junior Member

somebody slap me...did AIWAPRO just admit that VERIZON has more coverage than his precious T-mobile? Oh dear, I do believe we have struck a chord.

Hey, Aiwa, lighten up dude. This is just phones we are talking about, not girlfriends/wives or expensive cars! You know maybe if you did not react with such vehemous responses those anonymous clowns would stop toying with you. You reacting is what keeps them going.

Nothing personal, you are probabbly a nice guy. But it is clear that you have some real bias towards Voicestream...I am glad you like it. Like I said, everyone has their favorite but going on facts alone. Like i have Verizon now, and it rocks, but you know, if Voicestream came out and put up the hundred or so new sites to actually have competitive coverage with Verizon in Georgia, I would definately consider them. GSM does have one advantage for gadget freaks, the ability to change handsets just by changing the SIM card. I like new phones and would love to have three or four and use a different one depending on what I feel like doing that day. I do it with my radio collection, some days I carry an MTS2000 C7 other days I carry an XTS3000, some others when I don't feeling like being bothered with a big radio, so the old Privacy Plus Visar...for those who don't know the aforementioned are all 800MHz trunking radios. Wish I could do the same with phones, but I would have to move my house near the interstate to be in range of a VS tower, and quit my job because VS's feeble signal can't cut through the walls of our 911 center.

Seriously...Chill out! this is all in good fun! Relax and enjoy....

3. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

gonna lock this one up as it has gone way off topic....thinking the debate of gsm advantages over cdma and vice versa have been exhausted in this one. if anyone wants to restart that topic do so in a new thread.