Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Replacing Lost Phone

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

We're on the Verizon family plan with 3 phones. One of my kids lost one of the phones and I need an economical replacement. I bought one off of ebay after checking with Verizon to make sure they support that model but when I took it
    into the store, they told me I couldn't use it because it was from Chicage Verizon who uses a different frequency than Philly Verizon and there was no way to change it.

How do I make sure that the phone that I'm buying will work locally? Are there any other suggestions for a replacement phone? (I'm not eligible to upgrade my contract right now nor can I afford to pay an early termination fee).

Thanks in advance...

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    What phone did you have? (if you were happy with the phone look for the same model on e-bay)
    E-bay is probally the best bet for phones. \

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    That's Bull S***, Verizon could be on a different frequency there but all of Verizon's current phone offerings are Tri-Mode phones so they will work anywhere on there network.

Whats the Make/Model of the phone you bought off eBay?

4. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Could be a phone from the old primeco network.. so its not 100% BS

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

If she's on the America's Choice/National Plan, and Chicago is operating on 1900 mhz as opposed to 800, then they have the right to refuse activation.

6. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    How could it be PrimeCo? Primeco is still in Chicago and is being bought out by US Cellular.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

The phone that I bought was an Audiovox PCX 1100XL. I got it cheap ($10), but I suppose that was because the more savvy buyers realized that it would only work in the Chicago area??? If I look for a tri mode phone, will that ensure that it will work? I was thinking of limiting my ebay search to the Philly area only, but that cuts down on my choices.

This is very confusing to me.

Thanks again.

8. ComicalMoodyDan

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If the phone is a Tri-Mode CDMA phone that was used previously on the Verizon Wireless Network it should work.

Look for a CDMA 800/1900 and Analog phone on Ebay that was used on Verizon when you do a search on eBay for a phone. That would be your best bet as it should work for you.

9. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

10. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    1100xl works with the primeco network

Jack