Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

replace an LG

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by lg4650, Oct 13, 2005.

1. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    I've been with vzw since aug and have tried to give it a go with the lg phone i got with my plan. not working. i'd like to get back to a motorola if possible since i was always happy with them when i was with nextel. of course i'm getting the same song and dance everywhere about having to pay retail price since it's not within the 1st 15 days. anyone got any suggestions for getting a moto on the cheap & any recommendations on which? v60s?, 730?

thanks!

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Of course you know that one can not compare a Nextel iDEN Moto to a Verizon (CDMA) Moto.

What don't you like about the LG? Is your area good on Verizon for people that you know with other kinds of phones.

Check the MOTO forum if you think you would prefer Motorola, look for both sides.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    thanks for the thoughts. i know about the comparison. i don't like the lg - buttons on outside of the phone are too easy to hit while on calls (speakerphone most notably). keypad buttons are too congested - when i'm using the arrow buttons to navigate the menus, i'm constantly hitting 'ok' or the send or end buttons when I don't want to. what i did like about the moto i had and what i know is still the case with say the v60s is that it's simple. i should have known that less is more for me personally, but the deal was so good to grab the 4650 that i took it.

4. omni

omni New Member

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    There is always EBay, of course make sure it is a VZW or unlocked (yadda yadda yadda, everybody has it this 50 million times before) or you'll be just wasting money. If you call into c/s or go into a corporate store they might sell you a new phone at the 1yr upgrade price but then they'll extend your contract by 2yrs.

5. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Ebay, buy a v60s and a v60i antenna. Sell your LG. Almost break even.

6. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    in regards to buying phones from ebay...how do you make sure it is not stolen and IS unlocked. Also say you have a problem w/the phone 2-3 months from now, what can you do? Will verizon service these phones? Or would you have to buy another? Just curious :rolleyes:

7. mikegateway

mikegateway New Member

My Phone:
    treo650
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    They really want to keep.

I had the same problem on two seperate occassions and went back to the store I purchased the phones from and convinced the manager to allow me to get another phone (actually it was three phones first time:rolleyes: ). I bought a more expensive phone each time I switched and I think that helped them to decide to cut me some slack, lol. Good luck. :)

8. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    thanks. why the recommendation of v60i antenna with the v60s phone?

9. mikegateway

mikegateway New Member

My Phone:
    treo650
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That was NYCDru who posted about the v60 stuff. Reply to Dru.;)

10. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    The v60i antenna is extendable and in theory will give you a little bit better reception because it's able to pickup a better signal then the stubby antenna found on the v60S. Personally I didn't notice much of a difference, but it can help some when you're in a low signal area.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    thanks to all for the inputs. bidding on a v60 on ebay now. appreciate all the help.

12. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    The v60i antenna gave a 3-8 db gain in Debug mode. that translates to about a two bar difference. It just was the best designed Antenna (For being an antenna) that anyone has had for a while. And people have made note of the difference in performance in these antenna's in the past by the way.

13. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    anyone know off-hand if when you receive a call on the v60s you can send it to vm without opening the phone? can you use the smart button to 'ignore' the call?