Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Repeating text messages

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by ddunat, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ddunat

ddunat New Member

I have a Verizon LG enV phone, and lately whenever I try to text my boyfriend, the text message will be sent to his phone over and over again. It's so bad that his inbox will be completely filled up just from one text message repeating itself.

He has called Verizon and they don't know what the problem is. I've called Verizon and get the same answer.

Does anyone know what's happening with this problem ... and/or how to fix it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Animal

Animal New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I get the same problem also. Mine just repeats twice.. So they send me one message and I get two sometimes. It's like e-mail. I'm guessing sometimes there are glitches in the system. That is what the CSR has told me when I have reported this same problem.

CSR = Customer Service Representive (Sorry used to using CSR on another message board)

Shawn

3. ddunat

ddunat New Member

Unfortunately, this is not just a glitch that sends a repeat message twice, every so often.

I'm talking upwards of 60 repeats.

4. Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton 10 years scandal free....

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Mogul
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Unicel
    I think it might be a problem with the network. I ocasionally recieve multiple texts but it only happens to me in very specific situations. I can recall an area where I roam off US Cellular and text messages frequently show up dated a couple hours behind, even though the message was just sent. I frequently get duplicate messages, sometimes up to 4 or 5.

I have never had 60 repeated messages though. Does the issue happen when both people are in certain locations? If so, I would think it's a problem somewhere with the network. The provider might send someone out to look at it, but unless they hear about it from a lot of people, it is cheaper to lose you as a customer than to fix the problem so don't expect much.

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    WOW that is insane that he gets that many. Yeah call tech support/.

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I've had this happen to me on Saturday when I kept receiving the same email that someone sent as a text message. When I checked the inbox, there was only 1 message, leading me to believe that there was a snafu somewhere.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. kranium007

kranium007 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The Network
    I know what you're talking about. I often have this issue too.. BUT, its only when people from other networks message me, especially ATT. It never happens when its VZW to VZW. I have questioned this with tech support a few times, and got the same answer each time. Its the other network.

8. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I find it so weird that other carriers to and from each other can be a real challenge sometimes.

9. falf

falf New Member

This happened to me and my sister a couple years ago. Power your phones off and turn them back on, that's what cured our problem. I had Verizon and she had USCC.
    Hope it helps.
    falf

10. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    well here's how it was explained to me by someone else on the forum.....

when you go to send a message the tower sends a signal back to the phone saying that i received the whole message and it has been sent. In some cases, either the tower never send that confirmation or the phone never receives it.

if it's the case that the tower isnt sending these confirmations to the device then i can understand why its sending 60 times. in the case of the device simply not receiving the confirmations that the tower does send because the device is busy.....this explains phones that may send double messages......

its insufficient tower communication........you just need to figure out of its the device or the tower thats causing the problem and in this case it sounds like the tower and VZWs systems

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  11. SVSU

SVSU New Member

I have been experiencing the same sort of issue. I am with AT&T. Most of the people I text are with AT&T or Alltel, and I have no problems with texting them. The problem is with the one person that has Verizon. A lot of times I will get his texts multiple times...most of the time I will get the same message 3-6 times. Sometimes I will get it upwards of 30 or more. Luckily I am on an unlimited texting plan, but it is extremely irritating to get the same message so many times.