Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Released from Sprint Contract After Only 8 Months - What To Do Now??

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by mbressman, Nov 4, 2005.

1. mbressman

mbressman New Member

My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hi All,

I was hoping to ask for some advice/suggestions from this online community regarding a rather unique situation that I find myself in currently. I was a customer of Nextel for a long time prior to switching to Sprint back in March (before the merger - in hindsight, I should have just stayed with Nextel and avoided any problems and I would have been with Sprint now anway). I ported my number over from Nextel to Sprint and purchased a plan and a phone (Treo 650 - with discount) from the online reseller Wirefly.com (owned by InPhonic). Unfortunately, this was the beginning of a lot of problems for me. Wirefly/InPhonic did not provide me all the promised merchandise and provided me with a defective Treo 650 (the phone I purchased). Over the course of the next several months, I had a lot of problems attempting to get Wirefly/InPhonic to provide me with the promised merchandise, and I also ended up having a lot of problems with Sprint (being told one thing only to find out that it wasn't true, etc.). In the end, I finally was able to get Wirefly/InPhonic to take back the Treo 650 and refund my money, but that left me with a 2-year contract with Sprint and no phone. I purchased a new PPC 6700 because I thought I'd be happy with it, and think I will be. However, I ended up having to pay the full price for this phone (I think it was either $599.99 or $629.99). Either way, I still lost out on the discount that all other new customers manage to get (keep in mind, having returned my phone to Wirefly/InPhonic, I was now obligated to Sprint for a 2-year contract with no discounted phone). After a lot of attempts, I finally spoke with a representative in the Executive Services office who agreed to cancel out my Sprint 2-year contract (so as a result, after only about 8 months of service, I am now free from any contractual obligations with Sprint). I inquired as to whether I could sign up for another 2-year contract with Sprint and get a discount on the current PPC 6700 I own (which at this point, I can still return and get my money back for) and she agreed that if I wanted to commit myself to another 2-year contract, she would credit my account $150 (which is basically how much the phone would have initially cost if I was a new customer signing up with Sprint). The only issue with that is that she won't refund the $150 to my credit card, but just give it to me as a Sprint service credit (on my Sprint account). Additionally, there is another reseller out there that offers the PPC 6700 for $349.99 (which is a lot better than $449.99). And then, there is the question of whether I should pursue this course of action, or maybe talk to another department and see if there is any better offer they can make me (I remember hearing about retention deals for customers who were no longer contractually obligated to Sprint). I'm not really sure if I want to take her offer and get the $150 service credit, maybe return the PPC 6700 and re-purchase it to get the $150 off from my credit card purchase, try to talk to someone else at Sprint and see if there is a better deal to be had (perhaps matching their resellers offer), or do something else entirely. Any help/advice/suggestions/insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

- marc

2. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If you want advice here is what I would do, if you can return the phone and get a refund than do so. Take the 150.00 credit from Sprint and start over. But by all means stay away from wirefly or anyone else offering something that is to good to be true which you found out to be the case.Good phones cost money and you could have gotten the phone of choice and a discount from Sprint. Wirefly and those other retailers have different terms and agreements than a direct wireless dealer such as Sprint and you end up getting into a mess or stuck when you have problems. Go to a Sprint store and use your credit there, that way you have a store, a Rep, and a working phone with a written contract in your hand in the event any problems should arise. Good luck
    Joe