Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Regulars Please help with some info......

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Calador, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Calador

Calador New Member

I live in Stroudsburg PA. It isn't a metro area by any stretch and I work in Bethlehem PA. I currently have 2 hones from verizon. I have been with Alltel/Verizon since 1999. But lately their cutsomer service has gotten incredibly worse. And most recently (the last straw for me) I tried to have a simple feature added to 1 of my phones (mobile messenger/text messaging) and it ended up costing me 6 hours of my life to fix the problems that the inept customer service rep caused. I suddenly had a new agreement with different terms from my other phone on a plan I had never picked. I purposely keep my contracts at 1 year so I can upgrade my equipment if I wish. And this problem caused me to have an unrequested 2 year contract created with a new agreement on my phone. I have since gotten this taken care of but I had to escalate it pretty far to get it fixed. Mobile messenger is a simple feature add at least thats what all the CS people tell you, but in this case the addition of a simple feature cost me much grief and taken with all the other CS foul ups I have had recently I am looking for another carrier in this area. I have been told that AT&T Wireless is the only other bet that works in this area. Can anyone give me info on how AT&T works in this area or a close area. I feel that if adding a simple feature caused all this I would hate to see what happens if there was a major problem. Sadly for most of my tenure with Verizon i was a happy customer, but recently they have really degraded in their CS department =o(.

2. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

I hate to say this......................but with Verizon Wireless if you get a bad CS.............get thier name and extension........then hang up..and call right back. You will get another person that usually will help you.................and if that does not work ...........speak with a supervisor. As soon as everything is unified.......................meaning where we can access all VZW cutomers from anywhere............I could actually help ya. But till then..................................just follow above advice[​IMG]

3. Calador

Calador New Member

Wayne thanx for the advice, but I did do all those things.

I called Customer (non) Service 3 times in a row the night I got the welcome aboard letter. The first time I got disconnected (actually hung up on but at the time I did not know that). The second time I got the same customer service rep, name of Lashaun, and as soon as I told her I was just talking to someone and gave her my name I got disconnected again (actually hung up on again). Then I called back and I got a very nice fellow named Orlando. He found the error in my agreement and he also found out that the CS rep that took my initial call on March 19 to add mobile messenger was the very same Lashaun (not sure if this is actually how she spells her name but this is how I spell it). And in fact she was the person responsible for screwing up my account according to the notations in my account. He then took a long time to explain everything that had apparently happened to me and he said he would notate my account.

Soo the next day I called in to make sure that Orlando had done as he said he would. Then I got Brenda, who seemed to know nothing at all. She could not find the notations that Orlando had said he would put in my account. By this time i was frustrated so I said thats enough I want a supervisor this has to get straightened out now. After sitting on hold for approximately 23 minutes waiting in line to talk to a supervisor (which makes me even more nervous by the way) I finally got Sherry. Sherry found the notations that Orlando had inserted, and made sure she put notations in every possible place someone would look for them. She was at a loss to explain why Brenda could not find the notations she found so easily, but then thats not my problem as the customer. All this just because I added a simple feature to 1 of my 2 phones.

I carry 1 phone my girlfriend carries the other and I pay for both. Then just before this they told me I should upgrade the software in my timeport so I took it to the store in Allentown which is a 56 mile trip for me from my home just to accomodate them. Then all of a sudden my mobile internet stops working. This took 2 calls to tech support before they figured out that my IP addy had been erased by the reprogramming.

Verizon customer service used to be good. When I needed them they were always prompt and courteous and always seemed to know their stuff. I'm a computer tech by trade, and if I treated customers the way I have been treated lately by Verizon CS staff I would be an unemployed computer tech. As I said my major concern now is that if they can't even handle a simple feature add without this mess what would happen if I had a BIG problem for them to handle. *shiver* brrrr I can't imagine.

4. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

uHHHHHHHHHHHHH......................... Why dont you come down here to TX....................Ill hook ya up[​IMG]

5. Calador

Calador New Member

Well Wayne thats a little far outta my way to pick up a new phone there. But again thank you for your advice and help. As I said I was a previously happy Verizon customer. Now I am a shopping around and trying various wireless providers customer. And if after I have tried Cingular, At&T and Voicestream none of them meet my needs I'll have no choice but to stay with the big V. But it will take a loong time for them to win me back as a happy customer after this series of pretty bad mistakes. There are other things that have happened recently as well, but I don't want to get into a bashing the big V post. Once there was no way you could pry my Verizon phone from my hands, now I will throw it at ya just for it to be gone. Stay safe in TX down there and I hope you don't have anymore flooding this year.

Walt

6. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

LOL True......................try to speak with Customer Loyalty.........................they are alot better about handling stuff. Hust threatin to quite them and they should hook you up. Go to www.verizonwireless.com........................go to cust. serv. and write an email explaining everything.....................that usually get alot of attention.

7. jarhead

jarhead New Member

Sprint PCS is gonna have coverage down Rt 33 in the near future if they dont already have..

8. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

I heat NTT DoCoMo is so big that their signal covers parts of pennsylvania [​IMG] j/k

9. Calador

Calador New Member

Just wanted to holler back at ya Wayne. I sent an E-mail to the president of Verizon Wireless this morning as his E-mail addy is on the website. Hopefully something will happen now.

10. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Givem hell!!!!!!!!!!! lol Customer service has been lacking here recently...................think they have new ones that dont know anything..............

Best of luck to ya man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Voicestream has coverage in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania. My instances with customer service have always been good, but I have heard a few horror stories, which you will hear about every providerl suchas yours about Verizon Wireless.

When I call and add a feature to my account, they do it immediately. I can even check on the website a few hours later and see what they have done. For example, if I want to change my rate plan, then I call them and they change it. They tell you that they have changed it and it will start at the beginning of your next billing cycle. That's just fine. What is so great, is that when I upgraded my plan, since it wouldn't start until next month, she gave me 200 extra bonus minutes for the current month so that I wouldn't go over. That was certainly nice of them. Anyways, about an hour after I talked to customer service, I checked my account on their website, and it had a HEADING called Future Plan, and there was my new plan with the start date and all the details right there.

Also with popular features like text messaging; Voicestream puts like little add banners of popular things that you don't have on your account, then you can just click on it, and it will add it to your account instantly.

Give Voicestream a try.