Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Regular plan to shared plan. Can it happen?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Pedal2Medal00, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Pedal2Medal00

Pedal2Medal00 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I am currently on an America's Choice National 450 minutes plan and am serving out a 2 year contract that I renewed to get a new phone at the end of last year.

My question is...my mother and sister are currently on a shared plan and I'm sortof sick of paying 45-50 dollars a month. I know you can migrate over to different plans with Verizon but I didn't know if it was possible for me to cancel my plan yet join theirs?

Anyone ever done something like this?

2. z00m

z00m Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    ex-Suncom/Cingular
    It would be good to know if anyone has any ideas about this.
    Question is if Verizon would charge you an early term fee to switch..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pedal2Medal00

Pedal2Medal00 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
  4. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I did this when my wife ported her number from AT&T. The porting rules required that she port into an account under her name.

It's not a cancellation. Whoever is responsible for the share plan, would first have to assume responsiblity for your account (or vice versa). Once that is done, you can merge your number into the family share plan and adjust the number of minutes as you require. Please note that the contract date for the family share plan will reset to the date your line was added. The dates that each line is eligible for a phone upgrade would remain the same. If you ever want to leave Verizon and avoid the ETF, someone may have to put off getting a new phone.

5. MMG cellular

MMG cellular New Member

As long as you have Verizon and they have Verizon all you need to do is fill out an Assumption of Liability form and fax it in. Then it takes about two weeks for them to move you to your moms family share plan. There is no penalty to do this and you do not cancel your line. Your mom will have to sign the form also. The form basically just says she is willing to assume liability for your line. Hope this helps.
    :cool:

6. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Or you can visit a VZW store together and make the changes that day. It helps to have reps to talk to in-person.

7. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The Assumption of Liability does not automatically add you to the Family Share plan. It just puts your bill under your mother's account (same minutes and rate). You still need to request merging the line into the Family Share Plan.

8. MMG cellular

MMG cellular New Member

Crood that is true it does not change your price plan to family share but now Verizon request that the person taking over the line submits a contract w/ the assumption and you can put right on the contract that this will be a senondary line to the family share plan and they will. I still recommend calling after the change is made to make sure you are on the correct price plan.. but all in all this is what you need to do. I agree that is it better to come in person to make the changes this way you always have someone to go back to if you have any problems.. :)