Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Regional Providers Mergers

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by agentHibby, Jan 14, 2005.

1. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well I don't think that we will see until after this PCS auction is over for more mergers happening. I just wanted to hear what peoples thoughts are on some of these regional providers. If we get allot of post on one provider we can make a new thread.
    Remember some regional providers will always stay local or regional. I do not think all smaller providers will merge with a larger one (like some of the Cellular B providers in Texas).

I will start with US Cellular. I don't see them getting bought out. I do see as a possibility of the owners of USCC to partner up with Alltel someday. Alltel does not have the money to buyout US Cellular without having lots of bad debt expense. Verizon would have some difficulties in getting US Cellular since they would have to divest lots of Iowa and Illinois.

With Alltel Western Wireless merger I think that will put Western Wireless network in time will be higher on the PRL than other providers out in the west. This could cause Inland Cellular, CC Communications, Mohave Cellular, and the other providers out in Montana to have VZW to enter into a partnership and manage the market due to loss in roaming revenue.

Midwest Wireless, Verizon should get there divested markets back in Iowa and buy them out to gain more coverage in Minnesota. US Cellular might see some problems with buying since there would be several markets that would need to be divested.

If the Cellular One name goes I think most of the baby Cellular One's should merge with the provider they roam the most on. So US Cellular should get Great Lakes of Iowa and Cingular gets Cellular Properties in Illinois.

Cellular 29 Plus / Lrix Wireless Alltel and Verizon get on the ball and start managing the network they are becoming a joke for both of you to own.

Rural Cellular should partner up with a CDMA provider where they are going to offer CDMA and partner up with a GSM provider where they will be offering GSM.

RamCell?? I don't have a clue what they should do. Alltel?? :confused:

Cellular South, I think Verizon would be the best choice to merge with. Alltel would see some divesting in some rural areas if this happened.

I would like to see Metro PCS and Cricket come together, but I don't see this happening.

Dobson does have some good places for roaming revenue like in MI and AK, but as time goes on I think that Cingular will buy them out.

Union Cellular should stay Union Cellular!

Commnet Wireless :eek: , Verizon needs to buy them out after they finish building out on what was Verizon's poor network. This would give Verizon PCS licenses for all of North Dakota. :biggrin:

SunCom, needs to be with T-Mobile and no one else! Since SunCom has a Cellular license for Myrtle beach market this could push T-Mobile to do GSM on Cellular (850).

The Alaskan provders stay the same for now! :thumb:

Iowa Wireless, Verizon Communications needs to buy back Iowa Telecom and buy out INS. Verizon will keep the Iowa Wireless PCS licenses and sell customers and network to T-Mobile. This would be like the Qwest Wireless deal.

I know there are tons of PCS providers out there and other cellular providers that I do not know, so I stop here. :deadhorse

2. Gonz

Gonz Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    USCC Nokia 6235i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC, American Roaming Network... LOL
    I tend to think that there is a chance that verizon could buy USCC. However, USCC is making the move to build out their licenses in places where VZW already has service. Possible tho, that sprint would want the PCS networks in wierd places. IDK. There are a lot of spaces in the VZW net that belong to USCC. A buyout would be awesome here, especially for in network, since a LOT of people still have USCC. I havent heard a commercial in a while saying "the area's leading wireless service provider". hmm?

You really think cingular will buy dobson? I tend to think thats a possibility too. That'd put cingular as the first national GSM carrier to enter the UP!

3. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Verizon does not have any mobile switching centers in MN all calls go to ND, so getting MidWest Wireless network in MN would help!