Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

reflective insulation interference

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by lucindab, Jan 9, 2013.

1. lucindab

lucindab New Member

Hi everyone on the forum,
    I was looking for information on how to stop my reflective " high" efficiancy home insulation from interfering with my phone signal. (All ceilings were lined in recent reconstuction) I only have a few hot spots in the home where I can use it and if I move or walk it sounds like an alien to the other end and then drops the call. I have verizon and have never had any other issues with this prior to having the reconstruction done to my home. Is there a solution for me or am I always going to stand in the corner of my kitchen to talk!! :confused: I was looking at boosters but I have no idea what I need. Help.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I believe Verizon has range extenders that plug into your home high speed internet connection and broadcast a signal from inside your house, kind of like your own personal cell tower. I don't know what the cost is though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Your other option is a wireless cellular amplifier system . You description of your situation is ideal for one as a solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lucindab

lucindab New Member

Thank you both. Maximum signal... Is a cellular amplifier the same as an external booster? Are there specifics that work better than others? I saw some from Cisco but they said AT&T so I wasn't sure if they are provider specific Thanks for your info!

5. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Do you have hard wired high speed broadband ? If so you best option is a femtocell . All the Major carriers have them ( Sprint , Verizon , AT&T ) Cost depends on who you talk . They could be free if customer retention fears losing you . The usually cost $100 to $200 . Downfall is they only work with issuing carrier .
    If you do not have hard wired high speed broadband . Your only option is cellular wireless amplifier system. With these you usually get what you pay for . I would like to think ours are among the best out there . Link is in our signature below . If you go this route make sure you go with a reputable dealer with good support , product knowledge and good return policy

6. lucindab

lucindab New Member

Thanks so much maximum strength. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oops. Maximum signal. Really appreciate the education

- - - Updated - - -

Will a cell phone antenna work or do I have to have an amplifier?

- - - Updated - - -

Will a cell phone antenna work or do I have to have an amplifier?

7. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The only way an antenna works as if it is connected direct to phone . Most phones now do not have external antenna ports to do so . Otherwise you need your antennas connected to a wireless amplifier system .