Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

recs for best service in princeton, nj?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i know people gave recommendations a year ago about which carrier has the best service in princeton, but i was wondering whether things had changed in the last year. i'm moving from NYC to princeton and i'd like to keep my sprint phone number, but i haven't had much luck getting a signal so far. the reps at sprint told me to get a new 3g phone and things would improve, but i'm not sure. others have told me to go with verizon.

any recommendations?

thanks in advance!

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Unless they put towers where you need them, a signal won't improve. Don't go by customer service reps promises that only want customer retention. No 3G or any G is going to make any signal stronger. If you can't get a good signal in the area you will be moving the most, then I promise you won't be a happy camper. Maybe it's time for you to switch. How is your analog signal in Princeton? If it's good, you might wanna consider Verizon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. wakko

wakko Junior Member

I spent a few months in princeton, on ATT's digital one rate plan. Call quality was good except for a few spots around nassau street around campus, and I was on digital roam just west of campus. Talking to locals, Verizon and ATT seem to be a popular choices. There's a fair share of voicestream user's too. Sprint is definitely not a good choice there.