Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Recovery Of Deleted Text Messages

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by mrdenis1, Mar 27, 2008.

1. mrdenis1

mrdenis1 New Member

text messages

Do cell phone companies store text messages?
    If they how for back do they store them, and can i get a copy of my text messages?
    :loony:

2. pzo

pzo New Member

My Phone:
    moto Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    unicel/verizon
    Re: text messages

they should keep them logged in a server. i think the only way to get access of it is if you have a subpeona. I know that is the only way to get them from my company. Otherwise the best thing to do is just ask yor provider and see what their advice is on that. Hope this helps :)

3. tresPiece

tresPiece New Member

My Phone:
    Treo 700wx
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    ...typically text messages are stored on a server for something like 72 hours and then are deleted (also known as being forwarded to big brother's master hard drive in sweden)... i believe you can ascertain text messages from your carrier provided you have a court order, it can be quite difficult...

4. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    This thread was posted in the wrong section, it has been moved to the General section. The question was also posted in three different sections. Please post your question only in the most appropriate section one time.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...