Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Recommendations for LI NY area

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Xcoolrising122X, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Xcoolrising122X

Xcoolrising122X New Member

I'm looking for a good provider in the NY LI area. I'm looking in2 voicestream and verizon. I heard Verizon is better but I have also heard good things about Voicestream. I had an ATT phone last year and it wasn't really great but it coulda've been mai phone. It was a crappy Nokia. IZ ATT or Cingular ne good. POst u're recommendations

2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Cingular or Voicestream will give you the same quality. They share the same towers. If you leave in a remote residential area far from highways, Cingular or Voicestream may not give you a good signal so you may want to make sure about this. Most likely Verizon will have a stronger signal.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. General

General Junior Member

I've had Verizon for the past six months and have no complaints. I live in Suffolk and commute to Nassau and haven't had any problems yet. I've had MCI, Voicestream and ATT and I feel Verizon is the best.

Steve

4. EasyE

EasyE Junior Member

Even after the removal of Sprint SIDs from the PRL, Verizon has the best overall coverage and (Here's the important part) channel availability. CDMA has better bandwidth. Verizon also has complete analog fall back, where Voicestream will be out of service if a GSM signal fades out.

For the whole NY Metro area, Verizon has the fewest gaps and the best bandwidth.

BRING BACK PCS ROAMING!!

5. Xcoolrising122X

Xcoolrising122X New Member

How about ATT? DO you think that in a few years GSM will have a greater national coverage
    Also I heard that ATT is upgrading sum of their towers 2 GSM. IS verizon doing ne of this?