Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Reception in Southern Alamance County, NC

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by ASU83, Nov 30, 2007.

1. ASU83

ASU83 New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 2865i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I recently moved to the area south of Burlington, NC in the Snow Camp area. I have Alltel, but service is basically non existent unless you live close enough to the Chatham County line to hit the Alltel towers in that county. I know alot of people around here have Verizon, but I have been told thier coverage is really spotty too unless you are near the tower. I really want a provider that can provide solid service in this area. When looking at most cell companies coverage maps it is almost like this area is in a hole of no service. If anyone is familiar with this area, can anyone tell me why this would be the case and what cellular provider might be the best to try? I would appreciate any help at all. Thanks a bunch. :)

2. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That's tricky, because it's really Alltel and VZW that work well in that area. You could try AT&T, but they're usually not as good as Alltel or VZW around the Triad or Triangle. If Alltel doesn't work for you, try VZW, and if that doesn't work, try AT&T. But outside of that...nobody else really works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    Stay away from SunCom & Cricket if you want good solid coverage in your area.
    They are only along the interstate in and around the Burington area.

Also, it appears that Sprint has a huge 25 mile hole in your immediate area, so don't choose them either.
    The closest (solid) Sprint coverage to you is I-85/I-40 to the north, US-421 to the west, or US-64 in Siler City to your south.

as SQfreak said, if not Alltel, then Verizon or AT&T is your best bet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ATT GuY AG

ATT GuY AG New Member

My Phone:
    samsung blackjack 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    att
    i work for att in burlington, in alamance crossing shopping center...if you can come up here or give me a address around were you live i can tell you the tower locations and what your coverage would like. ag