Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Receiving international calls...

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by WiltingSoul, Feb 26, 2008.

1. WiltingSoul

WiltingSoul New Member

My Phone:
    LG Rumor
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I've got a friend in the Netherlands who mentioned calling me sometime this next week. So now I've got a question for you guys - If he calls me, do I get charged for the call or will it just use my anytime minutes?

I'm not quite sure how the international calling thing works. I know that if I call him it's quite a bit per minute unless I add on that international calling plan, then it's considerably cheaper, but since I don't plan on making any international calls and I only plan on receiving international calls, I don't know how they go about things like this. Lol, did that even make sense?

Well, hopefully someone here can help me out a bit. :)

2. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    You will not be charged extra for receiving an international call. It will just use your plan minutes like normal.

If you plan on doing a lot of international communication, I recommend using Skype. I believe it's only 2 cents a min to call a landline in the Netherlands... don't waste your money paying extra to Sprint, etc.

3. WiltingSoul

WiltingSoul New Member

My Phone:
    LG Rumor
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; OpenWeb 5.6.1.3-03) Opera 8.54)

What is Skype exactly, and how would I use it?

4. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    "Skype (IPA: [skaɪp], rhymes with type) is a software program. Skype allows users to make telephone calls over the internet to other Skype users free of charge and to landlines and cell phones for a fee. Additional features include instant messaging, file transfer, short message service, video conferencing and its ability to circumvent firewalls."

from Skype - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So in a nutshell, it's just your basic VOIP calling method.

For more information, check Skype official website – free download and free calls and internet calls

5. WiltingSoul

WiltingSoul New Member

My Phone:
    LG Rumor
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; OpenWeb 5.6.1.3-03) Opera 8.54)

okay, thanks for the info. :)