Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Rebate

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by AliceF, Oct 15, 2006.

1. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    After much anticipation and a long wait to become eligible to purchase a new phone, I finally was able to purchase the RAZR V3c in early August. At the time of purchase, I renewed my contract for another 2 years which was required in order to not have to pay full price and to be eligible for the $100 rebate. I received the phone on 8-3-06 and immediately sent in all the paper work for the $100 rebate. Alltel rebate center is now telling me they find no record of a two year contract even though when I call Alltel, they say my account plainly shows an extended two year contract. I can't understand why Alltel says the info regarding the two year extension is obvious on my account, yet the rebate people they hired cannot seem to obtain this info (if they are even trying to get it). I feel like I'm getiing a huge runaround and am wondering if anyone else has had this problem in trying to get their rebate? And if so, what did it take to make Alltel come through with their advertised offer?

I'm very close to beginning to contact outside agencies for investigation into this matter if I can get no resolution.

2. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    We got the same deal in July and still haven't received the check. According the rebate tracking, the check was issued and we will hopefully get it this week.

3. UFO

UFO Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Palm Centro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint and alltel
    It did take me a little over 2 months to get my rebate check back. Stay on them because I've never heard of them just not sending one. Next time you call the rebate center tell them that you did sign the 2 yr contract and you phoned Alltel customer service to confirm it. What more do you need to do to get this process moved forward? If they don't have any answers just try to be patient. I know it's hard but those reps are more likely to help if they know you're frustrated, but not cussing them out. :)

On another note, I don't think it's possible to immediately send in all the paperwork for the rebate as you said you did. Did you send in a copy of your most recent wireless bill? You might have forgotten to send that in or you might have sent in a wireless bill from before you signed the new contract. You might want to check on that to see if you need to send in a "new" copy of your most recent wireless bill. Good luck on getting it though.

4. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I did tell the rebate center that I did a two year renewal and that Alltel confirms that fact. I sent everything...the packing slip that listed everything I got and that included the price for everything I received (it was $266.63 total). I sent the original UPC code and the last Alltel bill I had received and paid. When I check the rebate center online, it says "Our records indicate there was not a 24 month agreement associated with this wireless device purchase." I've called the rebate center about 6 times and have sent two emails. They responded that they had turned this over to be investigated on 9-21 and I would have an answer within 3 weeks. It's been over three weeks and nothing. I have written to Alltel's corporate office in Little Rock and sent a copy of everything I sent to the rebate center when after 6 weeks it didn't even show that they had received my rebate materials. I mailed the offer to El Paso, Texas which is less than 60 miles away! I received a letter from them stating that they do not handle the rebates from that office. I have not written them again since my rebate stuff has now been received about how they are saying there was not a 2-year contract when Alltel tells me its clearly indicated on my account.

5. alltel208

alltel208 New Member

My Phone:
    Moto Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I bought my Razr back in April. I sent my rebate stuff in and I got my check in the mail about 6 weeks later. Mail-in rebates are a bad idea and most people realize that. If you get it you get it, if you don't you don't. Two of my friends bought the Razr right about when I did. One guy got the same run around that you are getting. He just gave up on ever getting the rebate then one day his check just showed up in the mail. It took about 11 weeks. The other guy got tired of waiting for it to arrive so he called Alltel customer service, threw a fit, and they just gave him the $100 credit. Bottom line, you can get it, you'll just have to work for it.

6. micmic1

micmic1 New Member

it is so reassuring to hear of these stories of the rebate center not doing their job. i am having the same issue. i submitted a rebate form along with copies of the receipt, upc, and the form. i also sent in a recent bill and still cannot track my rebate. i've called the rebate center and they tell me to resubmit the information, "sure i can, but how can i send in an original upc when it went with the first mail-in-rebate. i've emailed alltel and they say they don't have anything to do with that part of alltel serrvice. but i will continue to contact alltel and find out if they can do anything. thanks for all of the help.

i too sent in my rebate around the end of july/first of august too. so maybe its some type of glitch.

7. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    micmic1, It took over 7 weeks for my rebate to show up online and I mailed the rebate stuff less than 60 miles away. When checking by phone, the rebate people told me I was basically SOL because I had to send in the original UPC to get the rebate. I kept telling them I HAD sent the original UPC...there is only one and when you send it in, its gone for good. I can see how people just finally give up, but unfortunately that is not in my nature when I feel that I'm being done wrong.

8. PTCO911

PTCO911 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Incredible
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    We finally got our rebate today. I wish they would just make the rebates available at the stores.

9. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-GATW_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.112 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I'm with you on it would be nice to get the rebate at the store. I had a friend who did'nt buy the phone she wanted b/c of having to send in a rebate. I know it's a pain to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I'm still fighting with Alltel for the rebate on my RAZR. A representative from Alltel was kind of enough to put me on hold and call the rebate center and relay to them that I did renew a 2-year contract in order to get the better prices on the phone. They are saying that they will review this again (this will only make the 6th time with no resolution).

I sent a letter to the Arkansas office last week telling them I would turn this over to the Better Business Bureau and the FTC Consumer Fraud Division by the 31st of October if this was not resolved, but judging from the complaints already listed with the BBB, I'm sure this does not faze them in the least.

I hope the rest of you have better luck getting your rebate than I'm having. I can pretty well tell that this rebate will not be coming.

11. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    One of my families lines didn't get there rebate until yesterday. We submitted it back in february.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. micmic1

micmic1 New Member

i mean this is ridiculous.....for the 5th time i've faxed in the forms and once again the status is, drumroll please, INVALID. Now they're saying that they only received the rebate form. come on now you've used that excuse 3 x's already. Someone please help or am I SOL.

13. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Looks like Alltel chose poorly in picking the company to handle their rebates.....

14. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    micmic1, I wish there was something I could do to help. It is ridiculous how the rebates are being handled. I'm already working on my complaint to the Better Business Bureau, but won't send it until the 31st of this month. They have a lot of complaints lodged against them already, so I doubt that they are worried about one more. I don't know what the Consumer Fraud Division of the Federal Trade Commission can do, but I'm going to take a chance that they will note the complaint.

Even after someone from Alltel called the rebate center for me (with me on hold on the other end) and told them that I had renewed my contract for another two years, they still said they would have to investigate. Their so-called "investigations" have not worked yet in determining that there was a two-year renewal. I am seriously wondering if the rebate people are taking all the rebate information being sent in and getting the money for themselves. I mean, how inept can one group of people be? And I've yet to talk to anyone at the rebate center who had mastered the English language well enough to actually carry on a intelligent conversation.

15. winter_war

winter_war Junior Member

My Phone:
    PPC-6800
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    It's not just Alltel. It seems like quite a few rebates are being handled like this lately. A co-worker of mine is still waiting to get $400 in rebates from Cingular on two V3's he purchased back in July. I haggled with Hitachi's rebate center over a microdrive rebate for six months before I finally received it.

All these companies should dump these rebate schemes and come up with some other type of incentives to lure people in.

16. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    As someone said earlier, the rebates should be given right in the store (or online) immediately upon purchase. I think they count on people not mailing in everything necessary or not doing anything when the rebate doesn't come. I'm sure, too, that a lot of people simply forget that they sent in for the rebate. I just wonder if it's Alltel who's making this rebate redemption more difficult than it has to be or if it's just the people they hired to handle them. On a positive note, I do love the Razr.

17. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    People are having a hard time getting Ampd Mobile rebates, too.

18. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    For about 10 days now, when I have checked online on my rebate, it has stated that my rebate is valid (Finally!!) and that it is in the process of final processing. Somehow, I thought things were finally looking up...then I got the mail today. In it was a postcard from Alltel Rebate Center telling me that the original UPC code will have to be sent in along with a copy of my bill...both of which were sent in August. I called them up to ask how I could send in my original UPC code when it had already been sent in months ago. The guy waiting on me (so far I've dealt with NO ONE with a good grasp of the English language) finally checked my account and admitted that he had a copy of my UPC code, but that it was "fuzzy" and that he had probably recorded the number wrong and that I could send a copy of the UPC along with another bill. Luckily, I saved a copy of everything I sent in. At this point I'm wondering if the run around will ever end! I can easily see how people would just finally give up.

19. iamthatdizzy

iamthatdizzy Junior Member

My Phone:
    KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Midwest Wireless
    for the record, I confuse Boost and Amp'd alot.

As for not seeing the renewed contract, it could be their web based activation tool not changing it correctly... it happens every once and a while.
    But I would agree, 5+ months for a rebate is rediculious.

20. micmic1

micmic1 New Member

i'm interested 2 know if anyone is still waiting on an razr rebate. we are working on 8 months and the site is still 'invalid'. i think its time 4 me to just toss it up as a loss. oh well. win some lose some. if anyone out there has any suggestions feel free. i've tried calling alltel supervisors, on hold for many min's. then i've called the rebate center and i can't speak to someone that can understand what i'm trying to say.

21. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Don't give up, mimic. It took me 5 months, re-submitting the information for a 3rd time and countless phone calls but the rebate finally came through. Now I'm about to go into "battle" mode again trying to get the rebate for a new RAZR V3m that I got for my husband last month. They really should just give you the rebate when you purchase the phone, but my thinking is they figure people are going to make an attempt to collect the rebate and then simply give up when they tire of having to try to deal with those idiotic, foreign rebate people who can't even speak decent english. Keep calling, even if you have to call then daily. I think they keep a record of everytime someone calls them and I think when it finally dawns on them that the person who has a rebate coming IS NOT going to give up, they finally mail it out.

22. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have sent in 2 rebates over the last year and a half with out any problems. I'm not sure why you guys are having all of this fuss with them.

23. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    My rebates with T-Mobile came back within a month and a half.

The thing about rebates is that it isn't T-Mobile or Alltel or Cingular or Verizon who processes the rebates. There are rebate companies who purchase the rights to "provide" rebates to the customers of the wireless providers.

The rebate companies can make money offering rebates because so many people don't read all the instructions or fill out the rebates properly or include everything that needs to be included so they don't have to send a check to that customer. If one i isn't dotted, that customer doesn't get their rebate.

Add to it that many rebate companies are fly-by-night businesses and are shady. You can complain to the carrier and if they get enough complaints they may not use the rebate company in the future but it won't do anything regarding the rebates that have already been sent in or are currently being offered for equipment.

Rebates make financial sense for the carrier, because they assume no liability or financial risk. I don't see rebates like this being discontinued any time soon.

24. TKRunningRiot

TKRunningRiot New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V3C
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel (Alltel Customer Service Rep)
    In around mid summer we were switching rebate companies, this may have been the reason for the delay (though not likely since I still get several calls a week about rebates). I got my V3C on july 19th with my billing cycle on the 21st and got my rebate back the 2nd week of September.

25. micmic1

micmic1 New Member

well i called yesterday and was told to fax in a copy of the receipt and bill. i dialed the # they gave me and voila, the number was out of service. luckily, i got a supervisor's name last time, so i will be calling him personally. this is just crazy but i will not give up. at least i have luis west's name(supervisor)

26. samantha

samantha New Member

My humble advice on rebate success:
    1. Read everything that pertains to the rebate carefully. If you do not understand something ask questions.
    2. Follow the rebate instructions exactly!
    3. Make a copy of ALL paperwork including your serial number ( the original label you cut off the box) This way if there is an issue you have the documents to resubmit or go to the store for a rebate
    escalation resolution. Without the documents: THEY CAN NOT HELP YOU.
    4. Send in the rebate form to the correct address before the offer expires.
    5. When you fill out the rebate form, make sure the cell number that you purchased the phone on, is the number you put on the form. Some people buy a phone on one account, then swap the new phone over to a different number. That will get rejected every time if the wrong number is written on the rebate form.

It is a pain in the :censored: but by following the above instructions your chances of receiving your rebate improve dramaticly!

27. AliceF

AliceF New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    It took 5 months and countless phone calls to finally get my rebate on my RAZR. I got my husband a RAZR the middle of January and, upon mailing in the rebate items, I prepared to do battle with the rebate center once again . My rebate paperwork was received on February 14 and was listed as VALID from the start. I received my rebate check in the mail today. I never even had to make a call. I'm thinking that there were so many complaints that they contracted with new people to handle the rebates...and they seem to know what they are doing! It was a pleasant surprise how easy it was this time.

28. DonVito

DonVito New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    i think that the main reason they do the mail in rebate on things is because they figure alot of people wont actually take the time to send in the stuff to get it. i mailed in rebates on both of my phones e815 and razr they came right on time no problem. they save some money by doing the mail in instead of in store direct rebate because theres that certain group of people that don't even bother to send in for the rebate so alltel doesn't have to pay it out to them so they make more money of the phones they sell