Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Reason for canceling T-Mobile service?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by tehprince, Jul 18, 2008.

1. tehprince

tehprince New Member

Hey All,

I've been a long time T-Mobile customer, since it was Voicestream!

I recently moved from Morristown, NJ to Rahway, NJ and the coverage in Rahway is absolutely terrible. I have no service in my apartment, balcony or even the surrounding area outside, at least for a quarter mile in some directions.

Since I use my mobile phone for my house phone, it's pretty important that I have reception in my home, so I don't have much of a choice but to try to cancel. I don't want to pay the cancelation fee though since I'm not getting any damn service. Is this reason enough to cancel without getting the early termination fee?

Also I'm not sure if this matters, but I'm the main number on a family plan of 4, the other three users still live in Morristown and would continue their service through T-Mobile.

My contract doesn't end until January 2009, so another 5 1/2 months.

Any thoughts / opinions would be great.

Thanks!

2. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

take advantage of AT&T' and Verizon's trial period dont go with sprint nextel there just as worse as Tmobile...............i use Verizon Cell Service in my Apt. and gets Full Bars.....helps i live right next to a tower.

3. Nextel32708

Nextel32708 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia Lumia 710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Voice/SMS/Data)
    OP,

you could always try go pickup a Hotspot@Home phone, and use your WiFi connection to make calls in your house (for better signal there).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. spleck

spleck Tool

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5 VZW
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Can you just ride this one out? Even without a family plan, the lowest rate is $30/month, which is less than the $200 ETF. A wi-fi phone is going to run you over $100, but is a good long term solution if you have good coverage everywhere besides your home.

5. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    Call Tmobile if you moved to an area that has two bars or less of coverage on our map you just have to send in proof of residence and you will be released from the contract. The WiFi phone option is one that may be available to you as well but if you're sure you're wanting to cancel call up customer service and explain they will check out the coverage and let you know what options may be available to you.

It doesn't matter that you're the main number on the family plan if you end up cancelling the others can keep the service as is or change the plan to lower amount possibly. Good Luck

6. liagb59

liagb59 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Katana II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If you have a computer you can also try Black jack....;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...