Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

razr v3m MicroSD problem

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Celtic-Tiger, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Celtic-Tiger

Celtic-Tiger New Member

When I first put the microSD card in the phone it was fine. I recently took it out, placed it in the adapter to transfer a ringtone. When I went to put the card back in the phone it doesn't go in properly. It seems to be unable to catch into the slot. I have tried more times than I can count to take it out and put it back in. It sort of goes in, but barely tapping it will dislodge it. What the heck should I do? How hard is it to simply put the card back in it's slot?

Very frustrated.

2. SueAnn

SueAnn New Member

My Phone:
    MotoRAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    HI Celtic, I have a new RAZR, just got it last Thursday, we have never been able to get that microSD card to fit, on another post someone said "push harder" so we did, now the little contacts are bent. I sure hope I'm not SOL :(

3. Celtic-Tiger

Celtic-Tiger New Member

I have tried the "push harder" idea and while I haven't damaged anything, it's not going in. I think I am going to take it back to the sprint store and ask for help. I am still within the 30 day trial period.

If you come across something please pass it along. I will post what I find out from sprint as well.

C-T

4. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    I have one that I can't get to recognize. When I initially put it in the device it says memory card inserted but then under memory options it doesn't show up. Any suggestions????

5. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Have you tried sticking it in to a PC/MAC and formatting it. Sometimes the memory card needs to be wiped before a device will read it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. mcwilliams

mcwilliams Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel and AT&T
    I haven't tried that, but that's what I was thinking. Thanks for your reply!

7. dupmj23

dupmj23 New Member

The razr slot is horrible, it can be damaged so easily, I just bought one and put the card in and right way it didn't recognized, I looked in the slot and it was missing a prong. I took it back and had them give me a new phone, and had them put it in.
    Must be very careful but push hard enough to set
    Good luck

8. babyblu3

babyblu3 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    My son just got his V3m last week, We didn't have any problems with the card going in the phone or anything. We worked on getting the MPT and the computer stuff to work. We got it set up and worked good but now the problem is it won't let him delete any of his music off the phone and now the music thing won't come up on his phone so he can't listen to his music. Anyone have any suggestion that can help?

9. the2ndflood

the2ndflood New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Also make sure you disconnect the phone from your computer and/or the thumbdrive correctly. If you don't use the remove safely feature, the card will become corrupted. I keep reading on other forums about people not removing it correctly, then blaming the defect on the phone.

10. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I haven't heard of this happening on XP machines, only on the older 98 & 2000 systems.
    It can't hurt to use the feature, but you shouldn't have to.

11. Celtic-Tiger

Celtic-Tiger New Member

So, I finally got a sprint tech to look at my MicroSD card problem. They took the phone "in back" of the store so I have no idea what they initially did, but they got the card to go in to the slot. Initially the phone recognized the card, but when I went to the Music section, it said card not inserted. When I showed this to the tech he took the phone and since I was in the initial 30 days after purchase, they simply gave me a new phone...I was very relieved and so far things are great. The card goes in and out easily with no problem. I think I must have had a defective phone.

I have no idea how to help with the mot. phone tools questions, mine doesn't work still...it won't show my phone as selectable when I start up the software and it asks me to connect the phone...not sure where to go with this one. Motorola's support website is horrible, their searchable database doesn't hit my issues at all...I couldn't easily find even a fillable form to ask my question.

C-T

12. SueAnn

SueAnn New Member

My Phone:
    MotoRAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Finally Sprint sent me a new phone! The MicroSD card went right in this time, didn't even have to push hard at all. Phone and card working really well, I haven't even looked at Motorola phone tools yet. Quite frankly, I probably won't look at MPT......I'll let well enough alone for now, since my phone is working well and I don't need any more drama from it! lol

13. Celtic-Tiger

Celtic-Tiger New Member

:)

I totally understand why you would leave "well enough alone" ... I think I will be taking that advice.

C-T

14. cellphonedummy

cellphonedummy New Member

hey, could use a little help please. i just got the v3m last tuesday. the sprint tech put the microsd card in before he even let me touch the phone. i tried to take it out so i could put it in the adapter to put in my laptop to load MY music to it and the darn thing will not budge!!:banghead: i've tred tugging gently, pushing it to either side, wiggling it; it just won't come out:( i don't want to break the thing but i sure would like to listen to something other than the ringtones, they suck:help:

15. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Use the eraser end of a pencil...

with some you also have to push in instead of pushing out and that will make it click out of the slot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...