Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

razr v3c ot e815

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by pepster2, Aug 7, 2006.

1. pepster2

pepster2 New Member

My Phone:
    razr v3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    alltel
    Hello:
    I am thinking of going to Alltel. Looking at the Razr and the e815 WHich do you feel gives the best coverage and is all around the better phone. I also see both phones are all digital. One sales rep said would probley never need analog again other said Alltel had lits of places roam in analog. Which do you feel is correct

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I believe the e815 is the better choice. It gets better reception than the RAZR. However, both look good and have good features.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Both phones are good, the E815 is the very best reception wise. The E815 also has a memory card slot for mp3s and pictures. The RAZR doesn't. Depends on wether those are important. Not to say that the RAZR doesn't get good reception, it does.

Alltel does have a lot of analog, but almost all of those areas are also covered with digital also, the analog is left over from when cell phones first came out. In Florida I highly doubt there is any analog only areas, only areas like Yellowstone park out west (inside the park, where no towers are located) analog is able to travel further then digital and provide some service. It really is a very small amount, but by 2008 Alltel will have every single area of analog covered w/digital. Coming from Cingular you will notice better reception with Alltel. (don't tell the Cingular fan-boys I said that :) )

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Either would work for you. E815 has slightly better reception but even the RAZR will give you above average reception. The E815 has a little better battery life and runs on the same software gui as the RAZR. The RAZR looks cooler and I have one.

As far as analog, no need to really worry. All Alltel areas are overlayed with CDMA so unless you go to some crazy places of Kentucky or to the desert SW in the middle of nowhere, you will be fine.

5. kjmattson

kjmattson Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Unless you're a sucker for all the RAZR hype, the e815 is the way to go.