Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

razr v3c and coverage

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by pepster2, Jun 22, 2006.

1. pepster2

pepster2 New Member

My Phone:
    razr v3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    alltel
    Does the Razr have a alarm clock? I have a moto and in the contact list you have to give each number it's own line. With my old Startec I could go to a contact, click on it and see other number attached to it in dropdown. Cell numbers, home and others. Which type does the Razr have? I know there is a Altell Tech that is on here some. Have a question for them. I work for Progress Energy in Wildwood, fl. We have final got a Alltel rep to come out and do a site test to get us better service. They say next week. The service on hwy 44 between Wildwood and Inverness is really bad also. How do we get someone to check that out. The Alltel stores knows there are problem but nothing seem to get looked at

2. alltelwirelesstech

alltelwirelesstech Senior Member

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The RAZR only allows one contact number per contact... i know what what moto thinking??

I will look at the area and see what coverage is there and any reports on that cell having issues or needing a span adjuested. I can also look at demographics to see if its even an area we will concentrate on and license agreements. I will give you as much information as I can divulge.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dehaven.j

dehaven.j Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    actually if you set the phone to show "primary Contacts" you can attach more than one to a name and it will show the main one in the phonebook but if you select it you can scroll through the numbers for that contact

4. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The Alltel Razr won't allow more than one number per contact. the set primary is there but its more or less useless

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dehaven.j

dehaven.j Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    that sucks but then again that is the sign of motorola's aging os! they really need to do a complete overhaul on it!

6. reikione

reikione New Member

I am planning a trip to NC to visit Murphy (SW NC) and also Asheville and maybe Blue Ridge Pkwy. I'll be leaving from Tampa.

I am a new cellphone user. I have Alltel and a razrv3c. I assume that when that little triangle is on the screen (which I assume means no Alltel towers) I better stay off the phone or I'll pay roaming charges...correct?

7. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    If the triangle is blinking then it won't cost you a dime. You can talk just like you would normally. But if the triangle is solid then you would have to pay roaming fees. Blinking=good, not blinking=bad :)

Of course this is assuming you are on a National Freedom or Total Freedom plan, if you are on a greater freedom plan then you may want to change it for your trip.

8. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    The triangle does not mean no alltel it just means you are not on your home system ID number. if you are from FL that would be SID 42. if you are on national blinking is friendly solid is charhing. if you are on total it does not matter.

9. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    if you are in asheville you would be hitting alltel. just make sure you are on a national plan. if you are on a local plan .59 roam charge .49 long distance charge. adds up fast

10. reikione

reikione New Member

I have National Freedom, so I am going to be optomistic...thanks about the triangle info. :)

11. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    Be prepared for disappointing service in Western NC. Service is not very good in that area, but the again no provider offers very good service there. You may want to add the 100 free to roam minutes for your trip amd then cancel it off when you get home. You may hit Carolina West wireless while in the area and they are not free roam under National Freedom. They cover the northwest part of the state including Boone and Wilkesboro along with USCC. I belive USCC is free roam though. Alltel has PCS service in Asheville, but I do not believe it is fully built out yet.

12. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Asheville is up and running. uscc is out free roam and should cover most of the western part of the state

13. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    I am solid triangle roaming quite often in WNC regardless of USCC being in the PRL as free roam. I think there is an error in the PRL. My phone seems to prefer Carolina West Wireless in Elkin, Wilkesboro, etc where USCC also has service. Even on I-77 I have a solid triangle for about 35-50 miles. I think this is inexcusable in North Carolina, an Alltel stronghold an only about 50 miles north of Charlotte, one of Alltel's few metro areas.

14. alltelwirelesstech

My Phone:
    RAZR
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    what is your PRL version. I can check the EVDO PRL and see why it is doing that. EVDO phones have a different PRL and i can look into it.