Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Razr compatible?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Kaosinla, May 8, 2005.

1. Kaosinla

Kaosinla New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 8890
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TMobile
    I'm currently looking for a new phone? The one's I'm looking at are the RAZR and Nokia 8800. I know that the RAZR is compatible with Cingular, but is it compatible with other providers? I know this is the Motorola forum, but the same question applies to the 8800?

Thanks everyone!!!!

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Only if you buy an unlocked version of those phones. If you purchase through the carriers directly, the phones will be locked. Purchasing from outside sources usually gets you an unlocked phone. If going the third party route, make sure it says "Unlocked" as part of the phone info. When I say third party I don't mean Radio Shack/Best Buy or places like that. I am referring to Internet sites that sell phones, or retail places that sell unlocked (and usually unbranded) phones.

Since those phones are GSM, you can only use them with T-Mobile or Cingular. If you have a regional/semi-national carrier that is GSM you should be able to use them as well.

I have an unbranded/unlocked European model Black RAZR V3, and it works great with T-Mobile. An unlocked phone is the key. Hope this helps. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    FYI, it doesn't necessarily have to be unbranded, you can also have a locked Cingular branded one work with T-Mobile or any other GSM service, but you would have to unlock it, once you take care of unlocking it, it will work.

The Nokia 8800 is only tri-band (900 / 1800 / 1900 ) meant to be used in Europe and Latin America so you would not have the 850 mhz band just in case you need to roam but technically yes you could use it with T-Mobile.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...