Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ranger Wireless Solutions

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by momcat1, Feb 12, 2006.

1. momcat1

momcat1 Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N75
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    OK, here's a new one. I called 611 this morning, and instead of getting a disconnect, which would indicate I'm on a roaming signal, or getting Cingular, I got something new. A recording answered that said I had reached Ranger Wireless Solutions, and if I wanted my carrier's customer service, I should hang up and call them, then the call disconnected. Of course that's what I was doing! I researched Ranger online and found that Ranger Wireless Solutions appears to be a service that forwards your 611 call to your own carrier's customer service if you're on a roaming signal, which is not what happened at all. I checked the Engineering menu and found that no tower number was displayed, instead TFHOPPS7 appeared where I usually see the tower number. I researched this online and found no reference at all. Does anyone know what this odd stuff is? Oh, yea 4 bars and EDGE displayed on my Cingular phone, and regular calls out do go through.