Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

QWERTY Keyboard Question.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by charlyee, Dec 5, 2006.

1. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    How do I dial a number like 1-800 SAMSUNG from my Blackjack? I would have to know that SAMSUNG is actually 7267864 right? Please tell me I am not loosing it :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. josephd

josephd Tomorrow is another day.

My Phone:
    White iPhone 5C 16GB
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

I just called the number Charlyee and you are correct buddy.:D

3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The Blackjack dosen't have a dial pad screen? I understand that it isn't touch screen, but it would help with dialing in situations like this.

4. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Budney's I don't know what a dial pad screen is and so I am guessing that the Blackjack does not have one. What is the dial pad screen?

Thanks much :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. budney

budney Resident Headbanger

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    On regular WM devices its the number pad that you can bring up to dial a phone number. Here it is on my 700wx:

[​IMG]

I can still use my keyboard to enter the numbers. :)

6. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Thanks Budney, no the Blackjack does not have it. I don't usually remember phone numbers by letters or dial them as such but ironically I got stuck trying to dial Samsung today and had to look at my desk phone to figure out the number. :D

7. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    I have a question, could it be similar to Backberry? On my Blackbery when dialing the keyboard letters are mapped to teh number accorsingly soenterig the S will invoke the S too.

8. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    No unfortunately they are not mapped on the BJ the same way. There are few solutions to have the key pad on the home screen floating around on HoFo. I have resisted trying them for two reasons. 1) I don't like my home screen too cluttered specially when it is so bright & crisp. 2) It needs a registry edit and I want to wait until my 30 day trial period is over before hacking the phone...:)

On the topic of why the Blackjack is not popular yet, I have another theory. Motorola and Nokia are the two most popular names in GSM technology in this country. HTC, RIM, Treo, IPAQ are the most popular names in PDA and PDA/Phone technology. Samsung has not marketed anything high end in GSM and is not necessarily know for making good GSM phones, similar to LG. I myself was little worried about that but I was very plesantly surprised to find out what a great device it is.

Just another 2 cents from me...:D

9. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Yup tired to do it today on the phone and it was a no go. What I think Samsung should have done is when one is about to dial a call then a pop up screan resembling a regular phone with teh leeter info in there so one does not have to scramble to something else to find out what number they coinside with. I have to say it had excelent reception and it was one of the stronger ones in there and the call quality was excelent. I wish I got to try it in a 3G area.