Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Questions on MicroSD memory and my new LG VX8350

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Kagetora, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Kagetora

Kagetora New Member

Well, I finally broke down, bought the wife and I cell phones, and joined the 20th century. Too bad we are almost a decade into the 21st. ;)

In any event, I got myself an LG VX 8350, specifically because I could cram in a 4GB MicroSD memory card and use it for music, photos, etc. Plus it was a nice phone and Verizon gave it to me for $9.99 after rebate.

Now, I'm far from a technophobe or luddite...I'm an electronics tech for the Navy, I build my own computers, blahblahblah, yadayada. Just never needed a cell phone until now. But I have to admit, I am having trouble determining what I actually need to buy to do what I want with it.

--I know I need a 4GB MicroSD card, obviously. Any suggestions on brand?
    --I need to know how I can actually PUT things on the card. Should I buy some sort of card reader that plugs into my computer with a USB cable? Should I look for a USB cord that will allow me to plug my phone directly into my computer and add data to the SD chip that way?

Really, the only goal is to put about 3GB of music from my big mp3 library (on my hard drive) onto the chip, then be able to use the phone as an mp3 player for when I don't have my other one along or handy. Then, the last 1GB I'd just save for taking pictures and such. I just need to know whats a good, economical way of going about these tasks.

Any help would be appreciated.

As a follow-up, semi-related question, I have a nice set of earphones with a 2.5mm jack and a microphone...I've tested them out with the phone, and they work great. I was planning on using them to listen to music with. If I set the phone to "auto answer with hands-free device," will it automatically kill the music and answer the phone when I get a call, or will it just answer the phone and I'll still have the music playing?

Thanks.

2. AGGeek

AGGeek New Member

My Phone:
    Pantech Ocean
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Helio, Verizon, T-Mobile
    First, there's a lot of promotions going on (especially from us at Accessorygeeks. Sorry, had to do it :p) for Sandisk memory cards. They are probably the most in demand brand next to Kingston for memory cards in terms of reliability.

Second, you can buy a memory card reader which you can use to connect your memory card directly to your PC then basically click and drag to copy files to your memory card.