Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Questions from a New Alltel User

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by slg06, Apr 23, 2007.

1. slg06

slg06 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Altell
    Hello all ... I've been with Alltel since September 2006 (I left Sprint after several frustrating years). I have the e815 and love it, but I have a few questions...

1) I was in Houston on business a few weeks ago and noticed I couldn't get on Axcess Web, but all other services worked fine. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

2) I am considering getting a second line on my account. Has anyone tried out the Moto Q yet on the Alltel network? If so, what have been your experiences with the device?

2. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    1.) Unfortunately, there are times data services such as Axcess web will not work when roaming. I know there are a few kinks in the data roaming agreement with Sprint. If you happen to be in an area like that again where it does not work, you may want to contact TS while you are there. A trouble ticket will need to be opened especially if it works in other areas.

2.) There are several employees that I work with that have purchased a Q and are really enjoying it. And this is saying something as we have to pay full price for our equipment now. One thing I don't like about the Q is the way it feels in the hand...all the weight is centered on the screen and depending on the size of your hand, it can feel "top heavy". A supervisor at work has an extended life battery on his Q, and because of the extra thickness and weight, it gets rid of that "top-heavy" feeling and feels more secure in the hand, and not like it's about 10 seconds from doing a somersault onto the floor. But that is just my opinion and I do have smaller hands than most.

3. slg06

slg06 New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Altell
    Thanks ... What I am looking for is a simple device that I can easily manage my contacts, schedule, and email on. Would you say the Q would be a good fit?

4. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    The Q will do all of that and more. As far as simple device, to me it is simple, but I work in tech support, so I always have had more of a technical background than some of my friends. I would recommend going by a store and playing around with a Q to see if you like the feel and navigation of it. It does have Windows Mobile Smartphone edition on it, so there is that Windows navigation built into it (start button, programs, file explorer, etc) that you see on computers with Windows.